Remove Ninja Copyright From Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Ninja Copyright From Charts

Is there any way to remove the Ninja copyright from the lower left corner of the chart window? None of my other charting software has it, and I really want to clean up my charts on the screen.

Hello aslane,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately there is not a way to remove the copyright symbol from the NinjaTrader chart.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was afraid of that. For anyone looking to get rid of it the hard way, here is an indicator that fills over the copyright.

It has a small flaw, in that the 'j' in NinjaTrader actually extends outside the bounds of the chart, so there is still a small artifact at the bottom, but it mostly gone.

BTW, I would have no problem with the copyright being there when printing, just dont want to see on the screen.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
        Hello aslane,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately there is not a way to remove the copyright symbol from the NinjaTrader chart.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Why not?

I mean, seriously, what right do you guys have to claim a COPYRIGHT on a chart that may expose the signals of a trading system that a customer programs?

A note "created by NinjaTrader" is ok, but a COPYRIGHT means you claim the creative output of other peoples work.

I also would love to see that removed. If you HAVE to put a created notice into it, but not a copyright. That actually does create legal issues, for example when one creates diagrams for - for example - a book, or a broschure. Becasue, technically, as you claim copyright.... I hope you get the idea.

Whoever had that idea to put that thing there either should return his law degree, or - seriously - has never had one and has not spend a minute thinking of what he does there.

Comment

I have been playing with this some more, and there is another issue with the copyright location. It interferes with a call to DrawTextFixed with a location of BottomLeft.

Please make a change to the copyright. The following are options:

1. Allow user to turn off copyright entirely

2. Turn off copyright on chart, but still print copyright on printed page (outside of chart area). I agree with the other comment, that you can not claim a copyright to my charts, but would not mind seeing a statement that the chart was created with NinjaTrader.

3. Move the copyright, so it is in pane 1 and does not overlap the boarder area (should really use BottomLeft text location, and only print if nothing else is in this location)

4. Move to bottom most pane - instead of being fixed in pane 1. It would be more palatable if it were in true lower left of window instead of in field of view of chart data.

Comment

Hello aslane,

I will forward your suggestions to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by aslane View Post
              I was afraid of that. For anyone looking to get rid of it the hard way, here is an indicator that fills over the copyright.

It has a small flaw, in that the 'j' in NinjaTrader actually extends outside the bounds of the chart, so there is still a small artifact at the bottom, but it mostly gone.

BTW, I would have no problem with the copyright being there when printing, just dont want to see on the screen.
              I'm trying to convert this indicator from Aslane to NT8, but I'm stuck with this:

Code:
              // Recalculate proper string size if the chart control object font and axis color change
              if (textBrush.Color != ChartControl.BackColor || textFont != ChartControl.Font)
              {
                  textBrush.Color = ChartControl.BackColor;
                  textFont = ChartControl.Font;

SizeF size = graphics.MeasureString(bs, textFont);
                  textWidth = size.Width;
                  textHeight = size.Height;
              }
              Even though `ChartControl` isn't in the code breaking changes list (or I overlooked it), it does work differently -- it returns brushes now instead of colours. And we don't need to use `ChartControl` but `ChartControl.Properties`.

Here's my attempt:

Code:
              public override void Plot(Graphics graphics, System.Drawing.Rectangle bounds, double min, double max)
              {
                  if (Bars == null)
                      return;

// Recalculate proper string size if the chart control object font and axis colour change
                  if (backgroundBrush != ChartControl.Properties.ChartBackground || 
                          textBrush != ChartControl.Properties.ChartText)
                  {
                      backgroundBrush = (SolidColorBrush)ChartControl.Properties.ChartBackground;
                      textBrush       = (SolidColorBrush)ChartControl.Properties.ChartText;

SizeF size = graphics.MeasureString(bs, (Font)textBrush); // ?

textWidth = size.Width;
                      textHeight = size.Height;
                  }

// Fill over the copyright msg in the lower left hand corner of the chart
                  // Note: this is not perfect, because the 'j' actually extends out of the
                  // bounding box into the border area when there is an indicator below
                  graphics.FillRectangle(textBrush, bounds.X, bounds.Y + bounds.Height - textHeight, textWidth, textHeight);
              }
              Any insights?

Comment

Hello J_o_s,

Thanks for your post.

I believe you will want to replace Plot override with OnRender()
                Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT support, whats the update on this. Anyone got this indi to remove this for NT8? please would you be able to share?

Comment

Hello [email protected],

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2898. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

We are still tracking requests for this feature it has not been implemented at this time.
                    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unfortunately, this is just another perfect example of Ninja not listening, creating a feature request that will never see the light of day. Short of someone suing them about copyright law, it likely wont ever change.

The previous workaround did not work in NT8 because they not only did not listen, but they changed it so the workaround would not work by doing a late render that can not be blocked. I hesitate to show how to get around because they will once again make a change to block.

However, you can still use a TextBox control in the UserControlCollection, which can lay on top of the copyright. The only painful part is you have to place the indicator in the correct panel, so if you add new indicators to the chart, you may need to update the panel index.Of course you need to manually turn off the indicator label as well (another feature that falls on deaf ears - notice a pattern here).

Attached is an indicator that does this. You can specify the overlay string.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Please add me to the list of those who would like to see that copyright message removed, or at least have some control over where it is located. I can't see that it serves any serious, defensible legal purpose.

Comment

Hello jvanelli,

Thank you for your note.

I've added a vote for you to this feature request.

To everyone, I'll continue making replies here only in the case of additional votes being requested or an update from development.

Thank you for your patience.
                          Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm raising my hand too. All we ask for is a checkbox in Chart Properties window to remove the copyright text. It blocks the view for indicators in tiny chart setups like the one attached.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                            8 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post bill2023  
                            Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                            6 responses
                            0 likes