how split 2 stop orders that overlap each other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how split 2 stop orders that overlap each other

Hi. The title may be confusing, but it is like this: I have an ATM strategy that stop 1 is -2 ticks, and stop 2 is -3 ticks. On the chart, I moved the stop 1 to -3 ticks by mistake, and then the 2 stops overlap. how can I select stop 1 only, and then move it to somewhere else?

Thanks.

Originally posted by leontancfa View Post
    Hi. The title may be confusing, but it is like this: I have an ATM strategy that stop 1 is -2 ticks, and stop 2 is -3 ticks. On the chart, I moved the stop 1 to -3 ticks by mistake, and then the 2 stops overlap. how can I select stop 1 only, and then move it to somewhere else?

Thanks.
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Once you have combined the 2 targets, you can right click inside Chart Trader and select "Add Target."
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Once you have combined the 2 targets, you can right click inside Chart Trader and select "Add Target."
      it doesn't allow me. saying max 3 targets per strategy

Comment

Originally posted by leontancfa View Post
        it doesn't allow me. saying max 3 targets per strategy
        Yes, you can have a maximum of 3 targets, so if your original ATM Strategy had 3 targets, you will NOT be able to split your target.

You can modify the quantity of your target by clicking in the qantity field of the order. Other than this, you will have to cancell your target and place manual targets and stops.

If you have an open position without any stop loss or profit target orders protecting it you can easily add these exit orders.
        Please see a post in our support forum that outlines how to accomplish protecting an open position.
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

you can split STOP ORDERS by "add target"???

maybe I misunderstood... but I have never been able to successfully separate stop loss orders once they are combined... and, in fact, the "add target" doesn't always work... in particular when there is one or more orders left out of one order and I scale in by placing another one.

Please tell me (1) how to separate STOP LOSS ORDERS and (2) how to separate TARGETS in the scaling in scenario.

I hope you have added both scenarios to your set of function testing scripts...

Comment

Hello saroj,

Unfortunately the only way to split your stop loss if you have multiple orders at the same price is to cancel one of the orders by right clicking-->Choose the order you would like to cancel-->Click Cancel and resubmit your new stop loss at your new price.

You will then need to add your target for the contract you cancelled since it is recognized an OCO order.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Cancelling Orders.

To add a target once you have scaled in to a position you will simply right mouse click within the price row of where the order is resting and choose Add Target.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Adding/Removing Targets.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Available in other charting apps

Please submit my request that the stop loss splitting functionality be added to your enhancement list... this is available in other apps...

I will retest the other target issue... I'm quite convinced that you have a bug there as I often do this and sometimes it simply doesn't work... I'll try to isolate the specifics and let you know.

Please ask your QA team to add this to their testing scripts.

Thanks,
              Saroj

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
              Hello saroj,

Unfortunately the only way to split your stop loss if you have multiple orders at the same price is to cancel one of the orders by right clicking-->Choose the order you would like to cancel-->Click Cancel and resubmit your new stop loss at your new price.

You will then need to add your target for the contract you cancelled since it is recognized an OCO order.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Cancelling Orders.

To add a target once you have scaled in to a position you will simply right mouse click within the price row of where the order is resting and choose Add Target.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Adding/Removing Targets.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Splitting overlapping stops

Greetings,

any progress with this in 2011, since 2009? If yes, please let me know how to separate two stops that have become 1 in chart trader, if not, I'm seconding for this in the enhancement requests.

I'm using two targets and two stops for each entry.

I would like the two stops be on the same price initially, and later on, I would like to move one of them away. There might be ways around this (using ATM, cancelling orders,...) but I'd really appreciate if I'd be able to move the stops with my mouse and without any cancelling hassle.

I'm currently getting around this with the initial 2 stops being on different prices - which results into a 1-tick bigger loss on half of the position.

Comment

Have you tried clicking on the + or - button on the orders tab panel ?
                  pmaglio
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - The Indicator Store

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                  47 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses