X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhandled Exception, chart

I'm running SimulationOnly Version 5.2.1000.7

When I click File->New-> Chart I receive an unhandled exception:

'5000' is not a valid value for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'
    at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decim al value)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.BarsSelector.cboPeriod_Selec tedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    I recommend that the default properties for drawing a new chart form be set to something between Minimum and Maximum by default. This is a new installation.

I edited the config.xml file and altered the setting for DaysBackMinute and DaysBackTick. I suggest that the form the configuration for the chart is entered automatically sets the properties to the legal maximum or minimum if a value out of range is entered.

What are the maximum values for chart data?

imported post

We will be releasing NT6 shortly and the max values has been increased. I just entered 5,000 without limitations.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Thank you, I am most interested in NT6. I will attempt to install it again.

Where should I ask about features in NT6? I want to run multiple strategies on multiple accounts at a Forex ECN broker like MBTrading. What brokers require the installation of their clients to work in parallel with order execution? (I'm assuming the client registers a session, and then NT hijacks the session through DLL or socket.) Is it possible to connect directly via FIX to MBTrading for Forex? I don't feel like writing an implementation of proprietary extensions to a mutt version of FIX. (4.2, 4.3, 4.4 and extensions apparently?)

I'm also interested in linux deployment for the Automated Trading Interface. No GUI elements are necessary besides rudimentary setup. Mono.Net has very basic support for .Net 2 :/

Comment

imported post

Some info regarding your questions:
        - a good strater for NT is our help guide http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...helpguide.html and our free weekly training on NT: http://www.ninjatrader.com/web/tradi...e_webinars.htm
        - IB and MBT require installation of additional client side software
        - we connecto MBT through their API, but not through FIX
        - NinjaTrader only runs on Windows .NET 2.0

Comment

imported post

Thank you for your responses. Since the NT platform is not prepared to be run on a hosted server (and certainly not a Linux server) I'm just going to write my own implementation of FIX for automated trading. :/

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
          12 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton