How To Paint Bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Paint Bars?

Is it possible for a non-programmer to "paint" either price or volume bars based on a user specified condition? For example, I would like to paint a price bar blue if the range exceeds 1 point or makes at least a 3 period high. Same concept for volume. Thanks

Regards
    Chuck

Hello Chuck,

Unfortunately this is not supported by default. However, it is possible upon using NinjaScript.

In addition, you can always contact one of our supported NinjaScript consultants at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Request

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Chuck,

Unfortunately this is not supported by default. However, it is possible upon using NinjaScript.

In addition, you can always contact one of our supported NinjaScript consultants at the link below.
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
      Thanks for the response Jason. While NT is a great platform for order management/automation it is not very user friendly for those without programming experience. It seems that the most basic of ideas require programming knowledge. A good example is paint bars. When I owned Supercharts they made this very simple to do. In addition, the folks at Tickquest have developed a "formula" language to make it much more simple for us non-programmers to develop more complex ideas and indicators. This is the only thing that is holding me back from purchasing NT. I'm simply not going to purchase a program and in addition have to pay someone every time I want to implement an idea. Does NT have any plans help us guys out?

Regards
      Chuck

Comment

Hello Chuck,

We provide extensive help guide documentation regarding NinjaScript at the link below.

I searched the Support Forum and came accross the forum thread below, which might be helpful upon coloring bars.

Comment

Thanks for the links Jason. Where can I submit my suggestions for possible implementation in future releases of the software?

Comment

You can find a Suggestion and Feedback topic at the bottom of the main page of the Support Forum.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post elirion
            by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
            0 responses