End of day data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of day data

Hey, im new to using Ninja Trader and new to trading Futures etc....

I have the real time data working through Zen-fire, but I dont have any end of day data. How do I go about getting end of day data for my Ninja Trader charts? I am lost without them and cant place a trade until I can get them up and running.

Any help would be appreciated....thanks!

Hello Johno,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, Zen-fire does not provide historical daily data. Please see the following link for more information.

To resolve this issue you can set the interval on a chart to 1440 minutes, which is the equivalent of a day.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thnaks Ryan,

I went into Format Data Series, and on Interval Settings I typed in 1440 and set it to minutes.

I ended up with what could be a daily chart but with about 10 candles on it bunched up to the right hand side of the chart. Did I do somthing wrong?

Comment

Hi Johno,

Can you please right click in the chart-->Format data series-->Change the days back to 20 or 30.
        Then can you right click-->Reload historical data.

Additionally, you can uncompress the chart by left clicking on the x axis and moving your mouse to your left.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Still not having any luck. I did those things and when i set it to 1440 on the minutes and click "minutes" time frame from the drop down menu on the top of the chart im only getting about 25 candles. I need basically a daily chart that goes back months and months. Is this doable?

Comment

You would get the data back to the starting data for the current contract month, for more historical you would need to create a continuous contract using our 'Merge' feature - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...eV6/Merge.html

For NinjaTrader 7 we'll offer automatic continuous contracts then - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried that and im getting a message saying "You need to select a valid insturment" Im trying to get historical data for E minis or ES.....I cant get it to work.

Comment

Am I doing this right? Im getting a message now saying that the "from" and "to" Instruments need to be different.....

What does that mean???

Comment

johno, yes you would need to for example merge the data from the June ES contract to the September (current fronth month) contract - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...eV6/Merge.html
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post bmartz
                  by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                  4 responses