Tradestation real time data connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tradestation real time data connection

I am using Tradestation NTExternalFeed to get symbols such as NYSE TICK ($TICK) and chart it on NinjaTrader. It WORKS well. But when I tried to use it for SP500 and map it to $INX or $SPX.X even $SPX and SPX using external symbol mapping (via Instrument Manager) and none of the combinations works. Same with NYSE Composite $NYA.X and ^VIX ($VIX.X)... the tradestation symbol mapping does not work for these symbols. So I tried this experiment, I mapped $TICK which is working for NYSE TICK to the SP500 symbol... still the chart bar does not show up for SP500. Help please!

Hi,

You have sent this to support as well, correct? One of my coworkers has responded through your regular email address.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
      Hi,

You have sent this to support as well, correct? One of my coworkers has responded through your regular email address.
      Right. Thanks for quick response from you guys. I don't know the username and password for the simulation account. However I tried switching to my Mirus account license key (not a demo) and restart ninja... did not help.

Comment

Hi cookding,

Thank you for your reply.

In the case of Mirus / Zen-Fire this is as expected. Zen-Fire provides data for futures instruments only.

If you could contact your broker to request that information and provide it to me via email I should be able to advise more accurately.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

Sorry I can't give you my Mirus username/password if that is what you are asking (I know those). I think those quote symbols just doesn't work because I also try some stock symbol like SPY and it went thru fine and working even though there is an error popup saying the Ninja data server does not support... Thanks for your help.

Regards,
          William

Comment

Hi William,

No, I was referring to the TradeStation username and password so that I could test the indexes you mentioned in your original request.

Comment

Sorry Kyle... that is a real account as well. I am using SPY as a proxy now to see what happen. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi cookding,

I understand that. We do test many connections daily and this would seem to be the quickest way to resolve this particular issue.

Please let me know what you find using SPY.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                  Hi cookding,

I understand that. We do test many connections daily and this would seem to be the quickest way to resolve this particular issue.

Please let me know what you find using SPY.
                  Understood... SPY seems to work fine... There is one more thing I did not try is to create my own symbol on $NYA ^SP500 etc... but right now I think I am somewhat satisfy with the SPY. Again, thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Perr0Grande  
                  Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post elderan