BarChart data feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BarChart data feed

Anyone here has BarChart data feed? I have it and I am getting some weird jumps of volume. A couple of days back I was looking at my one minute chart for ES and it jumped to 5 million contracts in one minute. I thought it was wrong and deleted the data, re-open my chart which brought in the historic data, and sure enough that bar was about 25000 or so. It was a spike of volume for sure, but the data feed did not read it well. Please, let me know if someone else sees the same.
    Thanks!

Hello lgarcia3,

Thank you for the post.

What you are experiencing with BarChart is a bad tick. This happens occassionally with a data feed. You can prevent this from happening if you enable the tick filter. Please see the following link for more information.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I going to follow your suggestion. I can tell you though that before I had openTick and never had this kind of problem. I did have a bad tick once in a while. The thing with this is that I've been seeing it almost on an everyday basis for the last month or so. That is why I am wondering if someone else is having this problem because I'd like to know if there is something in my connection or something wrong with them.

Comment

this question may have several answers; but in any case, what is a good number for that percentage? Is 10% enough? I will try several settings in any case.
        Thanks!

Comment

Hi lgarcia3,

Unfortunately, I do not know a good value to place your tick filter at because the value will depend on certain things, like which contract you are trading and where the ticks are coming at compared to the current market price.

So you would be best served, as you are already doing by simply testing. However, 10% may a little too high as you run the risk of filtering good ticks as well.

Comment

Sorry to say that 10% seems to be the minimum one can set it up to. I tried several time to set it to less that 0.1 and could not... try it yourself and let me know.

Comment

Barchart.com Volume Spikes are ruining my charts

Today on the 333 Tick chart of the YM, the barchart.com datafeed showed volumes of 54,000 at 13:15 ET and 109,000 at 13:21 ET. Both should be around 2,000. I have Tick Filtering enabled with a bad tick offset of 0.1%. Would setting that value higher do any good? Does the tick filter even have any effect on volume data, or does it only affect price data?

This is a chronic and continuing problem with barchart. They are definitely aware of it, but appear unable to fix it.

Comment

Hi Ricam,

Unfortunately, the tick filter only removes ticks based on an outlier in price. It will affect that tick's volume data since a tick has two components of volume and price, but there is no way to filter out ticks that only feature incorrect volumes.

Can you please upgrade to the latest version of NinjaTrader from the following link and see if that resolves the issue with volume spikes.

Comment

Just upgraded from Ninja Release 6.5.1000.9 to 6.5.1000.11, and reloaded today's historical data from barchart. The volume outliers are no longer present. Will let you know if they recur in real time, however this is a good sign as previously the bad volume data would remain in backfilled data (I think)!

Comment

Thanks Ryan, for your suggestion to upgrade. I was not even aware that I was two versions behind the latest release.

Comment

Bar Chart Volume Outliers

For anyone using Barchart, please advise if you are now getting reliable volume data, without occassional bars of greatly inflated volume appearing in real time.

Would be good to know if this issue has finally been fixed, once and for all. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Ricam,

That issue will be resolved with NinjaTrader 7, but if you are using NinjaTrader 6.5 it will occur on real-time data, and if you reload the historical data the volume will be correct.

Comment

How is volume working in the NT7 Beta?

Ryan,

Has it been resolved as of the current Beta 8, or is the issue still open? Thanks.

Comment

Hi Ricam,

I have tested the issue and it is resolved.

Comment

All right thanks, I see it's been resolved in the upcoming release. NT is a nice app I can deal with it. Do you still have a deal with esignal?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                              Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kujista