error when import ninjascript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error when import ninjascript

Hi. when I tried to import ninjascript file, I got the message "you have custom ninjascript files on your PC that have programming errors. this errors must be resolved before you can import a ninjascript file."

how can I remove those files?

Hello Leontancfa,

The error indicates your current NinjaScript files have errors.

Please follow the instructions below. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC that contains the error. If you’re wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies. Not just one.

1) Open NinjaTrader

2) From the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator

3) Select an indicator and double click on it.

4) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and compile the indicator.

5) At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.

6) From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

General information regarding debugging NinjaScript files can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

doesn't work. Do you think it will work that I delete the whole indicator folder, and then reinstall Ninjatrader?

Comment

It will work. Are you sure you are following the above instructions correctly?
        eDanny
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello Leontancfa,

The error indicates your current NinjaScript files have errors.

Please follow the instructions below. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC that contains the error. If you’re wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies. Not just one.

1) Open NinjaTrader

2) From the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator

3) Select an indicator and double click on it.

4) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and compile the indicator.

5) At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.

6) From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

General information regarding debugging NinjaScript files can be found at the link below.
          http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3418
          I don't have any indicators that are not from NT itself, so I don't know which to remove.

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
            It will work. Are you sure you are following the above instructions correctly?
            I removed NT, and deleted the NT 6.5 folder in my document, reinstalled NT, and still got the same problem...

Comment

When you compile your current NinjaScript files as per the instructions in post #2, what errors are listed and what indicators contains these errors?

Try the following workaround as well.

Create a backup file with 'NinjaScript files' unchecked(!).

Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista).

Delete the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5 folder. Do not delete the NinjaTrader backup folder(!).

Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 6.5 at the link below.

Start NinjaTrader and restore your settings and you should be able to import new NinjaScript files.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                When you compile your current NinjaScript files as per the instructions in post #2, what errors are listed and what indicators contains these errors?

Try the following workaround as well.

Create a backup file with 'NinjaScript files' unchecked(!).

Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista).

Delete the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5 folder. Do not delete the NinjaTrader backup folder(!).

Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 6.5 at the link below.

Start NinjaTrader and restore your settings and you should be able to import new NinjaScript files.
                It's solved
                Last edited by leontancfa; 07-14-2009, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post RookieTrader