Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

stop data from reloading?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    stop data from reloading?

    Hi,

    I seems that every time I bring up a chart, Ninja requests all the data in the chart again from IB. Is this correct? Is there a way to have it request only the data that I don't have?

    Thanks,

    Folls

    #2
    I have a similar "problem". I've used NT charts for a long time (with a break since restarting) and have noticed that the time to load a chart seems excessively long. Much longer than in the past.

    For example, I have two volume charts, loading say 15 days of tick data each (same symbol). Now, I fully realize that's a lot of data, but I've left NT for several HOURS and the charts never paint.

    In addition, as the user above has stated, any time I make a change to an existing chart all the data reloads from scratch. It just takes much, much longer and my computer is now a much better, newer, faster computer than what I had been running NT 6.5 on when I didn't have these issues.

    Any ideas? I would be happy to provide more info if needed.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Folls View Post
      Hi,

      I seems that every time I bring up a chart, Ninja requests all the data in the chart again from IB. Is this correct? Is there a way to have it request only the data that I don't have?

      Thanks,

      Folls
      Hello Folls,

      Thank you for your post.

      Unfortunatelly this is not supported, other than choosing the exact dates using the Format Data Series Window in the Chart.

      Please see this link for when NinjaTrader loads data: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html

      -I suggest to load less historical data, which should decrease the load time for you
      Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

      Comment


        #4
        Hello Coolmoss,

        Thank you for your post.

        1.) Please make sure that your new computer meets all of the requirements from this page: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ationguide.htm


        2.) Please use the following link for some performance tips: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...anceTips1.html
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

        Comment


          #5
          Hi RJ Stein,

          My new computer far exceeds this and I'm familiar with the other performanace suggestion link. This appears to be some other issue. As it stands now, NT is more or less unusable to me.

          To reiterate, I'm doing the same things (same symbols, amount of data, etc etc) which I did on a 5 year old boat anchor of a computer, and charts are taking anywhere from 1 hours to never (left the charts to load over night) to load. I'm only talking 2 charts, with around 15 days of tick data, and no indicators. I'm using IQ Feed and downloading data off hours. I'm doing every thing I can think of to strip things down to a bare minimum.

          I would appreciate further instructions to diagnose this situation. Thanks.

          Comment


            #6
            Loading data

            coolmoss et al.

            I have similar issues about once a week - today for instance I have rebooted once after 30 minutes of the Saving Data dialogue box.

            As I have all of yesterday's data I can't see why the loading takes so long and I would love to know what the issue is - but it is just one of those frustrations that hopefully v7 will help with.
            Though I suspect not if I am being honest.

            Comment


              #7
              Hello coolmoss,

              What happens if you load the two charts one by one? Do the charts load with data?

              In addition, what size does your database. Go to My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->db and check the size of the NinjaTrader(mdb).

              Mindset, if NinjaTrader gets stuck on loading data, please restart NinjaTrader and reduce the resource request; make sure less data is requested and check if the data will load.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

              Comment


                #8
                Data

                Hi Jason

                I am at fairly minimal levels already - it's simply that it will run fine for say 5 days and then whoops.
                As it turns out today's problem was not yours - it was the TWS - maybe that will stop these intermittent data loading issues for a while - I now know where the TWS settings,etc are stored and it's an enormous file after a period of time.

                Also anyone else using IB should know that multiple versions of Java on your machine apparently can cause performance issues.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Hello coolmoss,

                  What happens if you load the two charts one by one? Do the charts load with data?

                  In addition, what size does your database. Go to My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->db and check the size of the NinjaTrader(mdb).

                  Mindset, if NinjaTrader gets stuck on loading data, please restart NinjaTrader and reduce the resource request; make sure less data is requested and check if the data will load.
                  Hello and thank you Jason,

                  I believe the first chart will load, then the second either takes a very long time to load, or never loads. My db file is 15,000 kbytes.

                  Just to be clear: this NT install is almost brand new and has not previously been installed on this computer. Minute charts seem ok when I tried them. I am familiar with how long tick data takes to download (I often download 10 or 30 days of tick from IQ Feed for another application) and I assure you, with NT it's taking orders of magnitude longer, if indeed it ever does load.

                  Thanks for your assistance.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Please make sure you are on the latest version of NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.11. You can check under Help --> About.
                    If not, please download from this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm

                    -Are you using the latest DTN IQ software?
                    If not download from here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_IQFeed.htm

                    -How much tick data are you requesting in your 2nd chart?
                    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
                      Please make sure you are on the latest version of NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.11. You can check under Help --> About.
                      If not, please download from this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm

                      -Are you using the latest DTN IQ software?
                      If not download from here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_IQFeed.htm

                      -How much tick data are you requesting in your 2nd chart?
                      I am running the latest version of NT and DTN. As I stated previously, I'm loading about 15 days of tick data. In MarketDelta or in Multicharts, it takes a couple minutes, depending on time of day. In NT, it now doesn't load, period.

                      To further clarify:

                      1) I open NT
                      2) default workspace with two charts open up
                      3) charts will paint whatever data is available in the NT cache
                      4) I connect to IQ Feed, the charts go blank, the Loading Data window pops up, and then NT will just sit and sit and sit. Not 2 or 3 or 15 minutes. I mean hours and hours.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        coolmoss,

                        I tested and it should only take about 1-2 minutes to load 15 days of ES 09-09 tick data using DTN IQ Feed.

                        This leads me to beleive there may be something with this new PC causing the issue.

                        1.) Can you verify that this is NOT a Mac or using a 64 bit Operating System?

                        2.) Please try completely disabling any antivirus, firewall, or other protection software

                        3.) If the issue persists, try using a new database with the directions below:
                        1. Shut Down NinjaTrader
                        2. Go to \Documents\NinjaTrader6.5\db
                        3. Rename the file NinjaTrader.mbd to OldNinjaTrader.mbd
                        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
                          coolmoss,

                          I tested and it should only take about 1-2 minutes to load 15 days of ES 09-09 tick data using DTN IQ Feed.

                          This leads me to beleive there may be something with this new PC causing the issue.

                          1.) Can you verify that this is NOT a Mac or using a 64 bit Operating System?

                          2.) Please try completely disabling any antivirus, firewall, or other protection software

                          3.) If the issue persists, try using a new database with the directions below:
                          1. Shut Down NinjaTrader
                          2. Go to \Documents\NinjaTrader6.5\db
                          3. Rename the file NinjaTrader.mbd to OldNinjaTrader.mbd
                          Thanks RJ,

                          No, it's a 32 bit core-2 duo, XP. I'm using AVG which is the same as I always used, tried with AVG turned off, no change. I don't use any other security type software. I will try the new db. I appreciate your help.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Panda security firewall

                            wht exactly do I enter into panda to allow NT not to be block coming and going by teh firewall.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Hello laredo,

                              Thank you for your post.

                              NinjaTrader submit HTTP requests to www.ninjatrader.com, www.ninjatrader-support.com and www.ninjatrader-support2.com.

                              In addition broker/provider software would connect to their servers which would be beyond our control. However, the respective broker/provider should have the information available. For some setups you could find that information in the account connection wizard.
                              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

                              Comment

                              Latest Posts

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by td_910, Today, 06:51 AM
                              0 responses
                              2 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post td_910
                              by td_910
                               
                              Started by Seekingpinecones, 02-04-2021, 04:40 AM
                              4 responses
                              96 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post dave416
                              by dave416
                               
                              Started by Devside_Victor, Today, 06:32 AM
                              0 responses
                              3 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Devside_Victor  
                              Started by JLSwin, Today, 06:25 AM
                              0 responses
                              3 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post JLSwin
                              by JLSwin
                               
                              Started by trader3000a, Today, 06:16 AM
                              0 responses
                              3 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post trader3000a  
                              Working...
                              X