NJ not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NJ not responding

After several minutes my charts and Control Center seem to freeze up and stop responding. After a while I get a dialog box that says Ninjatrader Not Responding. Yet my charts update. This only happens on my Vista machine. XP is fine. What could be the problem and solution?

Hello Snowdogg,

Can you please check if your PC meets the requirements listed at the link below.

If so, please reduce resource request of NinjaTrader. Check if you are running workspaces in the background (these will request data & resources as well) and close them. Please go to File-->Workspaces and close all workspaces listed below "Save Workspace As" except the Default workspace. Select the workspace and go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace.

Close some charts, SuperDOM's or other NinjaTrader windows. Reduce the amount of indicators in your chart or set 'Calculate on bar close' to True. Reduce the amount of historical data in your charts by configuring the Format Data Series window.

More tips can be found at the following link.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi: Thanks for the Reply. I followed through on everything you told me including the Tips section. I run this on an Intel Quad on Vista with several windows open, though my indicators are only 3 MAs and a CCI Histogram. Worked fine until a few days ago. Even after going through your suggestions, I find that it works fine for a few minutes, then the operations just get slower and slower - the crosshairs get jerkier, the charts won't move, the indicators section takes longer and loner to change, until finally I get a messagethat the NJ is not responding. Meanwhile, everything else responds well. I have much the same setup on a 4 year old machine with XP and there is no problem on that one. I do not know what elseto do. More suggestions?

Comment

Do you perhaps have the Diagnostics-tab enabled in the Control Center? If so, please tell me what options are enabled.

Go to My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->db and tell me the size of the NinjaTrader(mdb) file.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have similar problem...

Hi,

It's just started today. I have tried to load new chart, it hanged. Closed Ninjatrader, opened again. Charts load very slow,charts hang while scroling, CPU changes up to 25%. While it hangs CPU usage at 25%...
          I have deleted and recreated workspaces still same problem,
          I haven't had any problem running Ninjatrader on this PC(windows xp sp3, 2 xeons, 2gb ram)before.

Looks like somthing got corupted... Please advise.

Thank you

Comment

Hi ytrender,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Kyle" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.
            2.) Your log and trace files from today's date.
            You will find the log file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Log > log.20090902.txt
            You will find the trace file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.20090902.txt
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes