Collapse

Incorrect Opening Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is using esignal as a data provider. Still same issue? Esignal may just be pushing through incorrect data? When I load the esignal charting software i see a chart like ""FAS 8_4_2009 (1 Min)_2"

Comment

Question should be do you see the (1 Min)_2 chart when built before session start? Not if it looks the same when opening after the fact. Please confirm.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just read another thread that mentioned that the session times are triggered according to your machine clock? Is that true?

So if I have my session times set to 6:30am - 1:00pm then the first bar will show up when my machine clock hits 6:30am? not when the market first opens? (PST)

If so then how do I ensure that the I get the first bar's data when the market opens?

Thanks

Comment

First bar to show up will be timestamped 6:31 if you are using 1min charts. That bar contains information from 6:30 to 6:31.

Your charts will begin flowing at 6:30:00 local PC time. If the market open happens within then, then it will be shown, otherwise not.

Comment

so if my pc time is behind say 2 minutes and 6:30am on my pc means the market has already been open for 2 minutes, then what price do I get for 6:31am on my ninja chart?

Comment

Everything is time stamped by your local PC clock. If ticks come in at 6:28 according to your PC clock then it will be plotted on the 6:28-29 bar.

Comment

holy smoke, but let me guess, when you reload historical data it is time stamped against the market?

This is really sounding like the source of my issue. My local pc is likely not synced with the market clock and so ticks are being mis-assigned to different minute bars.

Is there anyway to have the chart time stamp against market time instead of local pc? So that regardless of what my pc time is, when the market opens, the 6:31am bar gets the ticks for the the first bar of the market?

Comment

When you reload, it pulls data differently and is timestamped by the data provider.

You need to ensure your PC clock is synced when using IB. If you want native timestamps you will need a different data provider.

Comment

I know it is possible to get native time stamps with IB, is this just not supported by Ninja?

Can I get native time stamps with esignal? I use that as a data provider as well. Is there a setting to specify using native time stamps ?

Lastly, is there a way to programmatically reload historical data through a ninja script?

Thanks

Comment

IZ_Trader, to my knowledge IB's data is locally timestamped, eSignal's would be native.

There's unfortunately no method to reload historical data programmatically using NinjaScript.
                      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post r68cervera  
                      Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes