Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding new stocks to the Instrument Manager

Hello

I added the symbol GROW to the Instrument manager. I'm using E-Signal as the data provider.

Unfortunately when I attempt to create a daily chart of this symbol, a blank chart is shown.

Charts of symbols that are already in the Instrument Manager are correctly created.

I'm fully confident that GROW is a valid symbol.

Once this issue is resolved, I need to add another 100 symbols or so to the Instrument Manager. Is there an easier way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.

imported post

- you need to set up GROWin the instrument manare correctly: please make sure you select exchanges Default and Nasdaq and provide a mapping (=GROW)
    - sorry no, there is no other way of importing instruments apart from adding them manually
    - we have an additional prebuild SP500 list here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...helpguide.html

Comment

imported post

A little easier way to find the pre-built instrument lists is to go to:

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...mentLists.html

Comment

imported post

Thank you, Dierk and KBJ.

KBJ, I ended up taking your suggestion as it was the least painful solution.

Take care.

Comment

imported post

Oops, sorry for posting the wrong link and thanks KBJ for providing the right one.

Comment

I'm not seeing the list after I restart NT

I'm using the very latest version of NT (posted today). I downloaded the S&P zip file and unzipped the contents so that the text file resides in the db directory. After I restart NT I do not see the S&P 500 list in instrument manager. The only lists I see are default, Dow 30 and Nasdaq 100.

I suspect I'm doing something wrong ??

Comment

We will look into that.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry, there was a bug in zip archive which is fixed now. Please:
                - clear your browser cache
                - try again to download

Comment

Custom Instrument Lists

Hi.

I can't seem to get the sp500.txt file to be recognized in the instrument manager. I have followed the instructions, and have also tried re-installation of NT, deleting mdb files in the install and the 'My Documents' folders, and some other things. What is the secret ? I have the latest download as of Sept 1 2007.

Also, how can I get other securities lists, llike the Russell 3000 and ETF's ? I want to download for example 5 years of end-of-day data for large groups of stocks or ETF's, and run custom search filters on them (i.e. Fourier transform and EMA etc.). I am just starting to invest, for personal use only, and will probably trade a few things about twice per month (on Scott Trade). I have Yahoo and OpenTick end of day feeds.

Thanks,

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and we will help you with the SP500.

On NT 6.5 due out fall, this will be integrated into our installation dbase. The other lists you would have to add manually which with the current release is incredibly cumbersome...I would not suggest it. With NT 6.5 we have introduced the concept of importing stock lists. You will only need to provide a text file with all the symbols in it and NT will suck it right up.
                    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

sp500 list

Thanks for the reply. I got the sp500 list to work by placing it into the C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\NinjaTrader 6\db folder.

Looking forward to version 6.5 then.

So, do you think it's possible to get end of day history for an entire group of stocks or ETF's ? I want to apply my own filters to the data - make my own offlline screener, essentially. I tried something like this with the analyzer window, but I can not tell how far back it's loading the history. Can I 'tell' it to go get 3 years of history for a group ?

Comment

Market analyzer has "bars back" parameter which you e.g. could set to 700 which roughly covers 3 years of trading days.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post PaulMohn  
                        Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post love2code2trade