Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts won't load

Hi,

I'm having problems getting my charts to load. I'm using interactive brokers and my tws is working fine but no charts in NT. However, the market analyzer works. I'm running the latest versions of both NT and IB's TWS.

mpe

Do you see any errors in the Log tab of the Control Center? Is this for all instruments you tried? Please ensure this is TWS 892.7 (not the latest IB offers) as per our IB connection guide - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Do you see any errors in the Log tab of the Control Center? Is this for all instruments you tried? Please ensure this is TWS 892.7 (not the latest IB offers) as per our IB connection guide - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm
      I had updated the tws when asked to do so. I shouldn't do that? I did try installing the 892.7 version but no change. I'm getting a message in the log: Requested market data is not subscribed. 354. But I know I have the right subscriptions and I do get them in tws.

mpe

Comment

No, we advise to use the recommend TWS version for the current NinjaTrader production release as per our IB connection guide.

For which instrument(s) do you get this message? Which symbol mapping are you using for those instruments then in the NinjaTrader Instrument manager under the 'Interactive Brokers' entry?

Comment

No, we advise to use the recommend TWS version for the current NinjaTrader production release as per our IB connection guide.

For which instrument(s) do you get this message? Which symbol mapping are you using for those instruments then in the NinjaTrader Instrument manager under the 'Interactive Brokers' entry?
          It doesn't say for which instrument. When I reconnected now the ES and YM work but none of the other charts. But I am getting quotes for all my symbols in the market analyzer. I have reconnected like 10 times today and 1 time all my charts loaded and this last time 2 out of 8 charts loaded but the other times nothing loaded. I've had similar problems before but not this bad.

mpe

Comment

Do you see a pacing violation as you may have requested too much historical data from IB? Please try disconnecting and then wait for about 10 min for your data status to change with IB, then reconnect and retry.

It would also be helpful for us to review your trace and log files, for this please use the Help > Mail to Support feature to contact us and include those.

Comment

Do you see a pacing violation as you may have requested too much historical data from IB? Please try disconnecting and then wait for about 10 min for your data status to change with IB, then reconnect and retry.

It would also be helpful for us to review your trace and log files, for this please use the Help > Mail to Support feature to contact us and include those.
              No pacing violation as far as I can see. I have tried sending the log and trace files but that's not working either. It says failed to send mail and something about the connected computer not responding.

mpe

Comment

Then please send us the files manually to support at ninjatrader dot com, you can find them in the MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 6.5 > trace and MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 6.5 > log folders. Just send in the files with todays date - thanks!

Comment

I think I might know what the problem was. When I manually started the TWS I got an error saying javaw.exe could not be found. I located the file and now it seems to be working again. You think that's the problem?

Thanks,

mpe

Comment

Thanks for the reply, yes this was most likely the issue if it's now back to working state. If you run into issues again, please follow the procedures outlined in the note I just sent via regular mail.

Comment

Ok, will do. Thanks for all the help.

mpe

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse