Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaling in on ATM Strategy

Hey everyone,

I'm wondering how I could properly address this.

I have a strategy in place where

When I enter a strategy that is configure with a 8 tick stop loss and a break even after 5 ticks that I trade with two contracts. The first contract I scalp, the second I swing. Now sometimes I will want to scale in on a second contract while I already have one swinging.

Is there anyway to enter on a new strategy without my old strategy being modified? What I am seeing, is that the stop order from the first strategy will move up to the stop order from the second strategy when I put in my second scale in order for another scalp. Is there anyway to prevent this?

Thanks!

Hello davewolfs,

Thank you for your post.

You can accomplish this by right clicking in your SuperDOM and selecting properties. Change your "ATM Strategy Selection Mode" to "KeepSelectedATMStrategyOnOrderSubmission."

More information on the ATM Strategy Selection Mode here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ategyMode.html
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by davewolfs View Post
      Hey everyone,

I'm wondering how I could properly address this.

I have a strategy in place where

When I enter a strategy that is configure with a 8 tick stop loss and a break even after 5 ticks that I trade with two contracts. The first contract I scalp, the second I swing. Now sometimes I will want to scale in on a second contract while I already have one swinging.

Is there anyway to enter on a new strategy without my old strategy being modified? What I am seeing, is that the stop order from the first strategy will move up to the stop order from the second strategy when I put in my second scale in order for another scalp. Is there anyway to prevent this?

Thanks!
      Perfect, is there an option to disable order confirmation? Or initiate an order through my chart?

Comment

Originally posted by davewolfs View Post
        Perfect, is there an option to disable order confirmation? Or initiate an order through my chart?
        Yes,

1.) You can disable the feature that prompts you for confirmation when submitting an order by following the instructions below.
        • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
        • Select the "General" tab
        • Uncheck the option "Confirm order placement"
        • Press the "OK" button
        2.) Please see this section on the Help Guide for more information on the Chart Trader order entry screen: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...erDisplay.html
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post cls71
        by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM