Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How ATM Stops are sent to broker.

Hey everyone,

I'd like to know if ATM stops are actually sent to the brokerage as an order or if it is something internally managed by NT. The reason why I ask is because suppose my internet net out while a strategy was running, would there be any guarantee that if the market did go the wrong way, my initial defined money stop as part of my strategy would be hit.

If someone could provide some additional info on how the orders are sent to the broker that would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Hello Dave,

Stop losses part of an ATM strategy are submitted to the brokerage as stop market or stop limit order, depending on the 'Use stop market for stop loss orders' option in the Properties menu of the SuperDOM (right click SuperDOM).

The location of your orders depends on the order status and broker technology. Please see the link below for more information.
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

You can check the order status in the State column of the Orders-tab.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Jon17
    by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM