False gaps between candles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

False gaps between candles

I use NT with Zen Fire and I trade 6E futures contract. I trade off 5 minute candlestics. The problem I have is when a new candle starts then many times there is a gap between the old candle and the start of new candle. When market is strong the gap is not filled. So after 5 minutes (when the new candle is finished) you have two, let's say white candles and the gap between them.
    It is not strange if not the fact that after refreshing the screen this gap disapeares! I noticed that when I switch to another chart like DAX futures for example and returned to 6E there is no gap at all.
    Is there any way to have actual data all the time?
    Attached Files

Hello Keri60,

Thank you for the post,

This is to be expected. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. So when it is receiving real time data it shows as the charts on the left. Oftentimes, though the chart is updated by the connected server due to bad ticks or other market factors, thus the difference between the two.

Please see the following link for more information.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your explanation but I have another question:
      Sometimes my market order is executed at the price which is outside the candle or bar range. Is this the same reason as in my previous question or another? I enclose 1 min chart when my order was filled 3 ticks outside the candle. The next tick (open of the next 1 min candle) was at the close of previous candle so I should be liffed at the next candle.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Keri60,

You will need to contact your broker why the order was executed. Once an order receives an accepted/working status it resides at the broker or exchange. Please see the link below for more information.
        Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses