Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Add to multiple target position question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to multiple target position question...

Starting with a two contract, two stop, two target ATM....when you add another position you then get 3 contracts showing at the first stop and first target, with still the single initial contract at the second stop and second target...

My expectation was that the new position would split evenly between the 2 stops and 2 targets...am I doing something incorrectly or is the above the way this was intended ??...seems to me that splitting the new position evenly might be more desirable....

Thanks...

Hi Alfred, please check into this link to set which bracket should be modified if you add contracts - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tegiesTab.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand...thanks for the info...had not played with this area....

I tried all the different options to modify inner and nearest bracket. These enabled added contracts to be placed at one or the other bracket. There seems to be no way to modify both stop and target brackets at the same time.(?)

I am looking for a way to split added contracts evenly between stop and target brackets ...any suggestions...??

Thanks...

Comment

Alfred, unfortunately not as you can't split them up, either amend the inner or the outer bracket.

Comment

Was not splitting a programming necessity or choice...??...since they are split initially, it seems logical you could split on added contracts....

Comment

Alfred, I believe the idea behind this was not to create too many individual orders for fill considerations, but I'll forward your 'splitting up' suggestion to development for future consideration.

Comment

If there is say an odd number of contracts to be split between an even number of targets (or even between odd) perhaps one could have the choice to weight the odd contract between the inner or outer stop & target....something like that...

My feeling is that splitting more or less evenly is a better option to manage things than only having the choice between weighting all additional contracts to the inner or outer bracket.

Thanks...!!

Comment

Alfred, thanks for the feedback - if you prefer a separate set of stops and targets, please consider changing your ATM strategy selection mode then to the 'Keep Selected ATM...' option - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ategyMode.html

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ghoul
                by ghoul

Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                6 responses