Why data changes after reload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why data changes after reload?

Sorry if repost but I don't understand this big differences in real time after reload historical data.

Before...

After...

I cheeked the same indicator with other people and the after values are correct. NT connected to ZF works fine, ProRealTime works fine (like my after pic), but my NT with TT is worthless. Why?

This differences exist in print bars too (like small reds bar changes to green after reload)

Please don't tell me to change data provider, because you can't help me with my bigs ZF connection problems (high CPU usage, lagging and frozen NT). As you already know because I report often, by mail, here and youtube videos

Regards.

Hello salakazam,

When I check the price bars in the two screenshots, I do not see any difference.

Do both the MACD Volumen indicators use the exact same settings? Check if both indicators use the same setting for 'Calculate on bar close'.

What happens if you test the default SMA indicator in the chart?

Note that Trading Technologies does not support historical data. As a courtesy, we provide access to our historical data server for live TT users.

Discrepancies between real-time data and historical data could occur because of this.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      When I check the price bars in the two screenshots, I do not see any difference.
      Well, it already have, but chart zoom in this screenshots is too smal (differences are often smalls tics discrepancies). That's not the point, the point is the indicator. If you want to see clearly differences in bars I will post more pics with big charts, where you can see.

Do both the MACD Volumen indicators use the exact same settings? Check if both indicators use the same setting for 'Calculate on bar close'.
      Is the same chart, you know? second one is only few seconds after I reload historical data, there are not any other difference but values in volume as you can see.

What happens if you test the default SMA indicator in the chart?
      I don't know, because I don't use SMA. I will try, check and post the results here.

Note that Trading Technologies does not support historical data. As a courtesy, we provide access to our historical data server for live TT users.

Discrepancies between real-time data and historical data could occur because of this.
      I'm not sure how to understand this. But my problem is in real-time (pic before), indicator is working wrong in real-time, then after reload the value is correct! I kow is correct because, as said in my first post, I see in real-time other traders with NT-ZF, PRoRealTime and VisualChart, all of them match with my after pic (which is not at real time but after reload)

Thanks, regards.

Comment

Ok, I see. Your custom indicator is calculated on volume data. It seems that real-time volume data is provided different than historical volume data.

I suggest to add the VOL indicator in your chart and check what happens to volume data you received real-time upon reloading your chart.

It seems real-time volume data is provided different by TT. Unfortunately, NinjaTrader acts like a radio receiver in that we display data as it is provided.

Comment

Ok, I see. Your custom indicator is calculated on volume data. It seems that real-time volume data is provided different than historical volume data.
          How this could happen? if you can explain me bit more I appreciate.

I suggest to add the VOL indicator in your chart and check what happens to volume data you received real-time upon reloading your chart.
          Sure, I will check this, and repost what happen. Thanks.

It seems real-time volume data is provided different by TT. Unfortunately, NinjaTrader acts like a radio receiver in that we display data as it is provided.
          So this is your last word? cause I want to talk with TT about this and need your statement, you know? in this issues often ones blame others, others blame ones, and the customer in the middle with the problem.

Sorry for my english an thanks for you time.

Comment

As I explained, TT does not support historical data itself. As a courtesy, we allow TT live users to make use of our historical data server. Since you state the indicator does not display values as expected on real-time data, it must be because real-time volume data is provided different.

I suggest to verify my statement on your end using the VOL indicator to confirm real-time volume data is provided different. Check how real-time volume data is received opposed to historical volume data.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 07-29-2009, 07:40 AM.

Comment

As I explained, TT does not support historical data itself. As a courtesy, we allow TT live users to make use of our historical data server. Since you state the indicator does not display values as expected on real-time data, it must be because real-time volume data is provided different.

I suggest to verify my statement on your end using the VOL indicator to confirm real-time volume data is provided different. Check how real-time volume data is received opposed to historical volume data.

Ok, thank you very much, I will do.

Maybe all of this is unnecessary, because I solve my problem with ZF (his real data works fine with my indicators)

Thanks again, regards.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes