Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TT + daily maintenance?

Hi,

Does anyone know whether Trading Technologies has daily maintenance shutdowns, similar to Pats? Or if I can really run 24/7 on TT? Any other user experience, when it comes to working with TT?

(I'm still connected to Pats, but for several reasons I'd prefer not to be. My big hurdle right now is the verdict that Ninja can't trade softs through TT.)

Hello heech,

Yes, Trading Technologies has a server reset period that will disconnect you from their server.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello heech,

Yes, Trading Technologies has a server reset period that will disconnect you from their server.
      Hmm, I just found a few threads about that.

It seems to suggest it will automatically reconnect as well. Do you know if that's the case? Do active strategies "survive" that disconnect period, or should I expect to need to restart all strategies?

Comment

During a disconnection, NinjaTrader will try to re-establish the connection for appoximately 2 minutes. If the connection cannot be established, NinjaTrader will stop trying. If the reset takes longer, most likely NinjaTrader will not automatically re-connect.

Unfortunately, strategies that you have running will be not automatically run upon re-connection.

Note that it is not supported to hold positions overnight with Trading Technologies.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So... looks like it's really true, Ninja doesn't fully conform to the TT specs for ICE, so softs are not available. Too bad for both sides, but hopefully we'll see some movement on this after Ninja 7 is released.

In the mean time, I'm glad at least I have a workable solution with Pats.

TT does support NYBOT Softs via the TT ICE_IPE Gateway. At the present time, Ninja has not conformed to trade all TT ICE_IPE products including NYBOT Softs. If you would like to trade NYBOT Softs via Ninja Trader, please contact Ninja and have them expand their product suite. Ninja will then need to conform to TT so the application changes are validated.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aa731
          by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes