• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

A few general questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few general questions

I am currently only sim-trading. Using a simple moving average crossover. However, even when I am not connected to data. Or, even when the market is closed and I select a strategy and hit start. It puts me in a position.
    Will this happen with live trading?

Another question. If I have a chart running a strategy SMA crossover or such to decide when to get in the market. And have a DOM with a stop-loss strategy. Both linked together. Would the stop strategy and SMA work together?

Sometimes I find the market moves to quick for the SMA to keep up. So to limit losses it would be nice to use the stop-loss strategy and/or trailing stop strategy in addition to an SMA crossover strategy.

Thanks for your time,
    Rhy.

Rhy, welcome to our forums!

It should not put you in a position, but submit your historically working orders if you choose to set this option in the - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tegiesTab.html (on starting a realtime strategy)

You can do this if you add the StopLoss directly to your strategy or call ATM strategy templates for exit management in your SMA crossover strategy -

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...trategies.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by vhjscv, Yesterday, 10:31 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post vhjscv
    by vhjscv

Started by buick, Yesterday, 09:37 PM