Set trailing stop floor amount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set trailing stop floor amount?

Is there an easy way to wait until I have a trade profit of a certain "floor" amount and then set a % trailing stop. For instance, in a strategy, can I monitor the trade P&L and when it gets to an unrealized profit of $100 then SetTrailStop.

In TradeStation, when you set a % Trailing Stop, you also set a % Trailing Floor Amount to specify a level where the % trailing stop becomes active. How can I do this in NT?

Thanks.

higler, there's unfortunately no floor amount input for this in NinjaTrader, but for example you can set it to trial by 10 ticks, it would then be activated at this profit and trail by this amount from that point onward.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      higler, there's unfortunately no floor amount input for this in NinjaTrader, but for example you can set it to trial by 10 ticks, it would then be activated at this profit and trail by this amount from that point onward.

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...TrailStop.html
      Quote From the NT 6.5 Help: "Should you call this method to dynamically change the trail stop price in the strategy OnBarUpdate() method, you should always reset the trail stop price/offset value when your strategy is flat otherwise, the last price/offset value set will be used to generate your trail stop order on your next open position "

How do I reset the trail stop price/offset value as mentioned above? Do I assign it a value of zero or is there a "Reset" method or something else?

Thanks.

Comment

You reset it to the base value you want it to take for the next trade. Please see this reference sample: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3222
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
          You reset it to the base value you want it to take for the next trade. Please see this reference sample: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3222
          Thank you. I think I understand now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post swestendorf  
          Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
          0 responses