Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update nightmare

Hi,
    I recently decided to updste to the latest release. After doing so I am not getting an error that I have custom scripts that are corrupt.
    ("NinjaScript files can not be restored, since it would corrupt your installation")

I did not have any errors previously to installing this update6.5.1000.11
    After a few mins of fiddling around I realized that 1 of the last scripts I had imported the day before compiled and worked just fine, but had a corrupt variable somehow. After opening the script and removing all code then compiling I was able to now restore my backup files. I wanted to take time to post this so in case someone else runs into this it may save them time. I would also like to recommend to the coding team that if a script is bad then remove it automatically instead of locking the platform up, and making it impossible to restore anything unless the end user figures out which script is bad. I also did not see a way to remove all bad scripts to clean the corrupt system. Overall Ninja Charting system is a wonderful tool, and the fact it can be used for free with so much support is AWESOME!!!

Thanks

Widgetman, thanks for the post and kind words. The reason that you see this issue at times is that NinjaTrader compiles all your scripts (indicator and strategies) in one assembly for maximum speed and efficiency. Thus all scripts have to error free (or fully commented out to be ignored by the compiler).
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ninja Script Errors on Upgrade

Team,
      Just, hesitantly, updated to 6.5.1000.15 and lost all my Ninja Script. Upon attempting to re-install I now get the error message that "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import...."

How is it I had no errors in previous version, but now I have errors???? I haven't touched any of the files!! ??

Please help urgently, very frustrated. Never good when an upgrade causes problems!

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I think I have addressed this on another thread, but do you have ShadowTrader indicators?
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Aviram Y  
        Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes