Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Minimal Internet Connection Speed for Zenfire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimal Internet Connection Speed for Zenfire?

Is there any minimal internet connection speed required to get streaming data from Zenfire? Thanks

Unfortunately I don't have any numbers for you ready, but most midrange DSL / Cable connections should be sufficient, most important would be the overall latency (ping time) of your connection.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Did folks in UK and Hongkong (asian) have problem with data connection. I will spend some time there and hope I could continue my ES trading.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Unfortunately I don't have any numbers for you ready, but most midrange DSL / Cable connections should be sufficient, most important would be the overall latency (ping time) of your connection.

Comment

biorjin, it's hard to generalize as many different backbones are being used then which make it hard to compare, but I'm not aware of any 'region' being an issue in that respect, would think it's more an issue where you're located then, i.e. bigger cities or rural areas. For example I can trade with ZenFire from a UMTS mobile connection well, though would probably not try heaving scalping with it.

Comment

Thanks for quick response, maybe I should rephrase my question this way: Is there any way I can tell if my current internet connection is fast enough to handle incoming Zenfire data without much delay. I am a scalper, using 1000tick chart btw. Thanks again
          Last edited by biorjin; 08-01-2009, 01:39 PM.

Comment

biorjin, I'm unfortunately not aware of general measures, maybe you can hook up with people having experience trading with ZenFire in those regions you plan travelling to. Most important, I would suggest keeping an eye out on your task manager during the trading day so resources do not max out when volatility and volume pick up.

Comment

Hi,

I'll just repeat the advice given earlier:

I think the best option is to get a US-based, hosted machine which you will use to actually connect to NT/ZenFire. Where-ever you travel to, you can then use a relatively low bandwidth connection to connect to your US-based host.

The alternative just isn't reliable/workable.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post techgetgame  
              Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post sephichapdson