Using TradeStation data feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using TradeStation data feed

I've read that TradeStation real time data feed can be used for Ninja. I've tried to connect according to the Help file but it did not work. Could not also post the question over e-mail because NT server is apparently down now. Please let me know how can I use TS data feed to power up NT.

askmbm, welcome to the forums - I'll check into the website issues shortly, believe it's just routine maintenance.

For historical data access form TradeStation, please check this - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ownloader.html

For the realtime feed from TS, please check this one then - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nDataFeed.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

FYI, the website is backup, the TradeStation connection guide can be found here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...adeStation.htm
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello guys!

I've got a problem connecting with TradeStation live datafeed. I'm following all the setup steps as have been outlined in the NT help docs, but my TradeStation platform (v8.4) hangs up (completely frozen) the moment I attach and confirm the NTExternalFeed strategy to my TradeStation Chart.

I'm running Vista Home Premium...and when I was running this on my old computer (Win XP), I didn't have any of this trouble, the connection worked just fine.

What's your recommendation?

Comment

Hi sbgtrading,

Thank you for your post.

You might try reinstalling TradeStation.
          If the issue persists after reinstalling, I would suggest contacting TradeStation support.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle...I reinstalled TS, but I found that the real problem may be in the fact that some of my TS data is on their delayed datafeed. The data that's on a live datafeed (like spot currencies) work fine coming into Ninja...but TS delayed data (like NYSE stocks, 20-minutes delayed) cause the problem.

What also may be contributing to the problem is the historical data being loaded automatically when I open up a Ninja chart. Since this historical data coming from NinjaTrader is relatively up-to-date, when I try to connect to TS delayed data (20-minutes delayed) and it comes in, it conflicts with the Ninja historical data already on the chart (only 1 or 2 minutes old). Just a guess...perhaps it will help troubleshoot the issue.

Is there a way around this problem? Can I get the 20-minute delayed datafeed into Ninja?

Comment

Hello sbgtrading,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I have no further recommendations aside from moving to a real-time data service.
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes