Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Trader questions (part II)..

here's my last couple questions, that didn't fit in that last thread:

20) When using the Account Performance tab to generate a report for my trading, I often find that it is inaccurate on the number of trades that I've placed (the total Profit/Loss is accurate, but the number of trades is a couple less than actual)- the first time it happened, I thought maybe it was just a fluke, but it's happens more often than not- I've made sure the dates include my full trading period, is there something else I might check, or is this a problem others have had?

21) I see that I can select a Shadow Strategy to run concurrently with my actual trading. Can I only run one Shadow Strategy per SuperDom (or can I run multiple Shadow strategies and then compare which performed best)? And If I select a Shadow Strategy where does it's results show up, in the Account Performance tab also? Can I run a Shadow Strategy concurrent with a simulator strategy also?

22) How many SuperDoms can I have open and trading from before it causes a problem for the Ninja software or starts affecting speed of execution (I'm running Ninja Trader on a new Dell Inspiron laptop with 3GB of memory, and an external monitor). Can I have 5 separate SuperDoms open (trading different products or different strategies), having multiple ATM strategies operating and be confident that the Ninja software can handle it? is there an upper bound you wouldn't suggest going past as far as number of SuperDoms open on the same computer? or a limit on how many ATM strategies you can have running on multiple SuperDoms before it starts to cause problems for the Ninja software (have you had any customer feedback on running many ATM strategies at once causing issues)?

23) One last suggestion for version 7.0, although the 'Reverse at Stop' is a great feature, it would be ideal if there were additional Custom settings for 'Reverse at Stop', such as if you could set a "Plus:" field (like the Auto Breakeven strategy does), i.e. that lets the trader decide that when the stop is hit the ATM reverses the open position at the stop price plus/ minus X ticks... also if there was an input field that allowed the trader to choose how many times the strategy should perform a stop reversal (i.e. after 3 reversals, stop doing the reversal at stop)...

Thanks..

20. Please go then into the 'Advanced' section and check what is included in the report or not - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...Overview8.html

21. One shadow per DOM correct, it would be diaplayed for comparison in the Account performance section also - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Shadow.html

22. There's no hard set limit, most important is performing hardware and a clean operating system if you plan to use a demanding multiple Market / DOM setup.

23. Thank you for the suggestion, we're always looking to enhance NinjaTrader further.

To review all new features coming for NinjaTrader 7 I suggest following this link and the the updates from our development team -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

re: your reply to number 22): Ok, can you give me a ballpark then (I have with 3GB of memory, and clean operating system,), i.e. more than 50 is probably not a good idea, have you heard of traders using 10 SuperDoms with now problem?

Thanks again..

Comment

I would also make sure to use a dual core mininum with good cache, better a quad core machine (also in regards to NinjaTrader 7 coming up). Never came across people using 50+ DOM's, but yes 10 - 20 is not unusual for multimarket traders.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes