Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither chart or strategy

Hi

I don't know, if this is the right place, but I'll try it anyway. First, I just have the demo account of NinjaTrader. Second, my broker is Interactive Brokers. When I connect now, all is well. I also can trade simulated without any problem. But when I try to set up a chart of, let's say YM, nothing appears, no matter which timeframe I use. The same with the strategy: I have a strategy (working and backtested), I click on Start, but nothing happens. Can you help me and tell me how I get my strategy launched?

Regards,

Sepp

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Please make sure you are on the latest version of NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.11. You can check under Help --> About.
    If not, please download from this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm

2.) Please make sure you are using TWS 892.7 from this page: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

3.) Please also make sure you have setup the connection according to the guide in #2.

4.) If the issue persists, are you able to receive historical data for any instruments? (AAPL 1 min chart for example)
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much, the chart is now displayed and for the strategy I have to wait until tomorrow

Sepp

Comment

I have the same problem, cannot view charts. when i do the step 4, i am unable to receive historical data for any instruments, but i am able to see my positions or other infor. can u help??

Comment

How many days back do you have selected?

Also, have you tried Tools--> Historical Data--> Reload?
          Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've now realised, that the chart isn't accurate. Although it is connected, the chart displayed and the strategy working, the chart displays wrong datas! The bars vary around 1 pip, but only some, the others are right. What is the problem?

Regards,

Sepp

Comment

Originally posted by MasterSepp View Post
              I've now realised, that the chart isn't accurate. Although it is connected, the chart displayed and the strategy working, the chart displays wrong datas! The bars vary around 1 pip, but only some, the others are right. What is the problem?

Regards,

Sepp
              Hi Sepp,

Have you compared this to the same chart in TWS?

Comment

Yes, I have it. Sometimes, the open is one pip above the original open, where the close is on the same level... confusing

Comment

Yes, I have it. Sometimes, the open is one pip above the original open, where the close is on the same level... confusing
                  This is expected as real-time data almost always differs from the historical data when you reload a chart. That means the real-time chart in NinjaTrader can slightly differ from your TWS chart.

Please see this link for an explanation: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ChartBars.html

Comment

The problem is, that the difference wasn't only while backtesting. I run the strategy yesterday realtime and calculated it again by hand. The difference was huge... so the data varies even in realtime! Is this problem known? What can I do against it?

Regards,

Sepp

Comment

The problem is, that the difference wasn't only while backtesting. I run the strategy yesterday realtime and calculated it again by hand. The difference was huge... so the data varies even in realtime! Is this problem known? What can I do against it?

Regards,

Sepp
                      Unfortunately I don't follow.

1.) You ran a strategy yesterday.
                      2.) You calculate by hand today?
                      As long as the historical data did not reload, it would be the same chart, so I don't see how it would calculate differently. This is all in NinjaTrader, correct?

3.) Also, do you have the real-time tick filter enabled? This would change real-time data. Check under Tools --> Options --> Data --> "Real-time tick filter."

Comment

Ok, let me try again: I ran virtually my programmed strategy on NinjaTrader. Simultaneously, I calculated the "real" win/loss by hand. Finally, my calculated result didn't fit with the programmed at all. So, it's not historical data, it's 1:1 data aka realtime. The filter is disabled by the way. I'll look tomorrow again and try to control the incoming realtime data in NinjaTrader. But actually, it looks like the "realtime" data in NinjaTrader isn't the "real" realtime data. I hope you can follow me now a bit better

Regards,

Sepp

Comment

It's still not working. When I switch between, TWS and NT, the price is always the same. But it seems like NT opens a new bar a few seconds before TWS does. Is there any possibility to change that?

Regards,

Sepp

Comment

It's still not working. When I switch between, TWS and NT, the price is always the same. But it seems like NT opens a new bar a few seconds before TWS does. Is there any possibility to change that?

Regards,

Sepp
                            Thank you for the information.

NinjaTrader uses the closing time of a bar to time stamp it and unfortunately there is no way to change this.
                            More information on how NinjaTrader builds chart bars: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ChartBars.html

Comment

So if I understand it right, there is no way to make the NT chart identical to the one of TWS, right?

Regards,

Sepp

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by hurleydood, 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Board game geek  
                              Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:16 PM
                              1 response