Assertion Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assertion Failed

I recently downloaded the latest version of TWS (897.6) , now I am receiving this message which is preventing me from logging on. I have troubleshooted from other posts in the forum, but have not seen any solutions posted? I looked @ diagnostics tab = connect,order and to file only are the only things checked.

I need the most recent version of TWS to run another autotrading platform.

THank you
    Attached Files

The source of trouble is that IB TWS sends you an update for an execution/fill. However, there is no such execution which could be updated.

Please revert back to the TWS version we recommend on your web site and let us know if issue persists: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

Thanks

Comment

Sorrry but as stated, I need to use a more recent version of TWS for another platform. Besides as I have stated in the past IB only supports the latest 2-3 versions of TWS. In my opinion it's very dangerous to autotrade on software that your broker no longer supports.

Comment

.. as it could be dangerous to go after the most recent broker API version since it might have issues: that's what I'm suspecting here as we never had any similar report to your so far. We at NT update our TWS recommendations ever few months to make sure our users don't run into the "latest and newest issues".

Could you please downgrade for testing purposes to see if the issue would be gone? If issue still would be there then I needed to access your live account in order to understand why TWS would submit that execution/fill update.

Thanks

Comment

I understand, makes sense to avoid beta versions but I was told by IB that if there were a problem and the version of TWS was "old" 2-3 versions ago, they are not liable. Anyway, I cannot experiment now because I have another program autotrading w/ IB, no disrespect intended.

Comment

No problem, thanks for clarification. Please let us know as you got a chance to go through steps below. Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888