X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eds ??

Hello

I found the log file, alway have a warning :
    "Strategy Failed to call method 'Initialize' for strategy 'EDS': Object reference not set to an instance of an object. "
    I search all my computer , can not find any keyword "EDS",
    but while i do the back testing, i found a strategy "EDS"
    while i chose it, nothing for backtest.
    i also go to folder - E:\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Strategy
    there is no EDS strategy, please help to solve.

I do the trade with chart Range 30, my strategy set to terminate 5 minute before closing, it seem doesn't work on Range bar ?
    my code is
    if (ToTime(Time[0]) == firstTexit)
    {
    ExitLong("", "");
    ExitShort("", "");
    }

thanks for your help
    Frank

MY LOG as below:

6/8/2009 18:06 Strategy Failed to call method 'Initialize' for strategy 'EDS': Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    6/8/2009 18:06 Strategy Failed to call method 'Initialize' for strategy 'EDS': Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    6/8/2009 18:03 Strategy Starting NinjaScript strategy 'VolSBothSMA_Time3_1_twoBarVav/74ce166951fa4c3b8e9da89cc8864434' : On starting a real-time strategy - StrategySync=WaitUntilFlat EntryHandling=AllEntries EntriesPerDirection=1 StopTargetHandling=PerEntryExecution ErrorHandling=StopStrategyCancelOrdersClosePositio ns ExitOnClose=True/ triggering 30 before close Set order quantity by=Strategy
    6/8/2009 18:03 Strategy Failed to call method 'Initialize' for strategy 'EDS': Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    6/8/2009 18:03 Strategy Failed to call method 'Initialize' for strategy 'EDS': Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    6/8/2009 18:03 Connection Time to flatten=16:14:30 Flatten all=Enabled
    6/8/2009 18:03 Connection wkm: Primary connection=Connected Price feed=Connected

wkmetal, is this maybe installed as custom assembly? Please File > Utilities > Remove NinjaScript assembly and see if it's listed there, if yes remove it for a test and retry.

Btw: Do you run on this on the custom Eds Renko chart from the sharing?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand
      thanks for your quick help

While i do as your mention,
      i only found only one file: NinjaScript.Ensign.02.11.09.cs on the remove list

btw, i am not using EDS Renko, but i am using Range Bar - 30

best regards
      Frankie

Comment

You're welcome, then you would need to go through your custom strategies again and doublecheck each name to find 'EDS'. It should not result in issues for you, if you leave as is...for the end of day exit in your first post, please ensure the range chart you use 'offer' a bar timestamp matching the one you entered (firstexit), you can also check for the time being >= to this for exiting.

Comment

thanks I will try. have a good day

Comment

As i try to

Orer page shows Bid ask feed .Charts are dead.When I download a ninjascript to run ensign charts,as I add teh EDS from the indicator page,it doesnt appear in the bottom of the charts in the sun graph.Why arent the charts running?

Comment

laredo, the first thing to check would your session template applied to the charts, what market and template are you using here in this setup?

Comment

Im familar with NT but I not sure what you mean Session template.

Comment

Let's take it a step back: are you working on NT 6.5 or 7 here? Session templates were introduced by NT7 and are a convenient way to setup your used session begin / end times on the charts.

Comment

IM running 6.5 for ensign and NT charts but Ive gotten a notice saying I have to move to NT7 by June i think.
                    SO i downloaded it and download the script to enable ensign to run data through NT.
                    However the charts on 6.5 always showed the EDS or ninjascript in the sub graph indicator window and the NT7 does show that and doesnt run charts ,although bid ask data in the order box are moving.

Comment

As I'm unfamiliar with the custom script used I could unfortunately not comment - are the charts then working ok without the script applied? There were a few code breaking changes introduced with NT7, it could be your indicator is needing upgrades / modifications:

Contains critical information including but not limited to migration, installation, connections and changes.

Comment

charts are DEAD The script adds on like a custom indicator and runs the data throguh ensign.However I have no sub graph on the NT 7 charts when i add an indicator.Is this correct.

The charts are dead and the bid ask on the order page are active.Obviously there is something wrong.What do I check on?

Comment

The indicator might need an update for NT7 to make the data connection like you used to work now - are there any errors in the log tab? Perhaps the best would be to contact the original developer and ask if there's already perhaps a NT7 version of this script.

You can also add the script to a new panel in NT7, you can choose this as you add the indicator to your chart - > Visual - > Panel

Comment

I have the latest script,the charts however do not run.You are saying check a log for an error as to why NT charts are out of order?

Comment

Are you talking about NT's chart or the 3rd party ones you attempt to feed?

For NT7's charts, please ensure the session template applied on the chart actually covers the hours you attempt to chart data for, for example apply the Default 24/7 one and recheck the charts, this would be the default session hours NT 6.5 used.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                              47 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes