Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application hangs on data loading

Dierk,

Start a fresh clean workspace and create 6 charts of 5 min bars, Days back = 5 days, Template = none. Symbols: current month ES, NQ, YM and TICK, VOL, ADD. Connect to IQFeed.

I just did the same, it looked like NQ loaded ok in a few minutes, it then moved to loading the TICK chart, after 1 hour of waiting I gave up and exited the application in a normal tidy manner. On different times it would hang on different symbols. Usually on the second symbol it's trying to load.

Needless to say, most of the data being requested is already in the db since I load the same stuff every day.

I get slightly better results when I connect to Futurepath first, and then to IQFeed. The improved results are inconsistent, the hanging pretty much is.

If you need anything else let me know.

Eyal

Thanks, will look into and get back to you.

Comment

Which mapping do you have applied for ADD and TICK on IQFeed? Please check within Tools->Instrument manager. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
        Which mapping do you have applied for ADD and TICK? Please check within Tools->Instrument manager. Thanks
        The ones provided by IQFeed: jint.z and TICK.Z. The Vol is: VINT.Z

Comment

I just tested lastest NT7 development build:
          - DB with no historical data in at all
          - latest IQFeed 4.6.0.7
          - setup as per below
          - starting NT, auto-connecting to IQFeed (new with NT7) plus populating charts took less than 45 secs

-> I would think NT7 should work better in that regard.

Thanks for providing your scenario

Comment

That's fantastic.

Now where can I download this version so I can load data in 45 seconds Monday morning instead of waiting 2 hours and re-starting the application 3-4 times.

I just tested lastest NT7 development build:
            - DB with no historical data in at all
            - latest IQFeed 4.6.0.7
            - setup as per below
            - starting NT, auto-connecting to IQFeed (new with NT7) plus populating charts took less than 45 secs

-> I would think NT7 should work better in that regard.

Thanks for providing your scenario

Comment

We'll make an announcement as soon as first NT7 beta will be available.

Comment

First NT7 Beta? Are you saying you're planning on multiple beta?

In the interim why not maintain NT6.5? We all know how reliable forecasting the next version release is.

This is a real problem and a real issue affecting every single day operation of the application. Operation that is 100% within the advertised supposed capabilities of the software. But you offer no solution.

In fact, your website is misadvertising that you support IQFeed. When an application hangs every morning then that's not considered support in my book. How do I get a refund?

We'll make an announcement as soon as first NT7 beta will be available.

Comment

I just ran the same test on latest official 6.5 and DTN version as per our web site (including manual connect right after startup): took about 60 secs.

Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce your problem. I only could guess there might be some ISP issue which prevents NT from receiving the data in a timely manner.

Beta: Yes, there will be multiples betas as with any prior version of NT.

Comment

Quotetracker loads about 5 times the number of charts with 10 days instead of 5 days data in about 20 seconds from the same IQFeed. There's nothing wrong with my ISP.

You might be confusing your NT versions and trying again in NT7 instead of NT6.5

I just ran the same test on latest official 6.5 and DTN version as per our web site (including manual connect right after startup): took about 60 secs.

Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce your problem. I only could guess there might be some ISP issue which prevents NT from receiving the data in a timely manner.

Beta: Yes, there will be multiples betas as with any prior version of NT.

Comment

I'm not confusing anything. I suggest you test 6.5 setup as per below right now (= weekend, might yield different results for a variety of reasons). If you can't reproduce the timely behavior I saw, then there might be something wrong with your connectivity.

Please let me know your results. Thanks

Comment

I'm not confusing anything. I suggest you test 6.5 setup as per below right now (= weekend, might yield different results for a variety of reasons). If you can't reproduce the timely behavior I saw, then there might be something wrong with your connectivity.

Please let me know your results. Thanks

I've done exactly that just before I posted the above, and again 1 hour ago. I've tried it on weekend, on weekday, before the market opens, after it opens. Every single time you can think of.

Again, I'm loading and requesting *substantially* more data from the same IQFeed and same internet connection with QuoteTracker and am getting excellent sub 1 minute performance from it. I'm using a corporate ADSL plan with priority traffic which holds up excellently even during very heavy volume opens.

In short, it isn't my connectivity. Something must be wrong with NT to have such loading time. I can't tell what it is, and unfortunately you're unable to identify what it is either.

Comment

To clarify, after my prior post you tried the following setup (after probably doing a backup to restore all your data and settings later on):
                          - you deleted your database to start with a fresh a setup and applied the mappings you posted below
                          - you removed all your workspaces
                          - you started up NT and opened the 5 charts below for 5 days back, obviously they would not show any data
                          - then you connected to IQFeed

On that exact (!) setup: How long did it take you until all charts had been populated?

Thanks

Comment

This is what I've tried today:

Uninstalled NT
                            Removed old folders
                            Downloaded new setup.exe
                            Installed
                            First time run, entered license
                            Created IQFeed connection
                            Created mapping for the index symbols in instrument manager
                            Created those 6 charts of 5min bars and 5 days data
                            Connected to IQFeed

The result is the same. YM loaded fine and the chart was populated in about 1 min. Following that it's now stuck in Loading data for NQ 09-09 for over 30 min by which time I gave up.

The other thing I tried today is completely uninstall my firewall Comodo (previously NT was defined as a trusted app). I also tried changing the symbols to other ones (the corresponding ETF's).

If your NT6.5 loads all the data in 1 min then it should be around that ballpark here too, definitely not get stuck like this on 1 symbol for 1-2 hours. Something is being overlooked.

To clarify, after my prior post you tried the following setup (after probably doing a backup to restore all your data and settings later on):
                            - you deleted your database to start with a fresh a setup and applied the mappings you posted below
                            - you removed all your workspaces
                            - you started up NT and opened the 5 charts below for 5 days back, obviously they would not show any data
                            - then you connected to IQFeed

On that exact (!) setup: How long did it take you until all charts had been populated?

Thanks

Comment

>> Removed old folders
                              To clarify: You need to delete these files (pls make sure you run a backup before in case you needed your data/settings later on):
                              - <my documents>/NinjaTrader 6.5/db/NinjaTrader.mdb
                              - <my documents>/NinjaTrader 6.5/workspaces/*.*

Is that what you did before performing your tests?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post zstheorist  
                              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rehmans