Collapse

Application hangs on data loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Zone alarm and a seperate hardware firewall.

If you can reproduce your problem, one thing that might be interesting is - in a command line window (run>cmd) do a netstat -a and see which IQ server you're connected to. It'll be something like

ecluster0.interquote.com

then after the hang, check again, and if it's changed (to something like ecluster1.interquote.com)

If it has, then you have the same issue as me, however I'm not sure you do, since you say IQFeed is still streaming. I only have IQFeed into my NT, so if that hangs I don't see IQ streaming to anywhere. For what it's worth, there is no data coming from the IQ server.

Comment

I'm not seeing any interquote.com line in the netstat -a.. I am seeing ecluter0:60018 which appeared just once.

Did you try looking at the IQF client window stats (dbl click the icon)? Does it change the IP address it's connecting to?

Here's a screenshot of what mine is showing now, this is without a firewall in place (removed Comodo, turned off H/W firewall) and the application seems to be loading data (albeit very very slowly as can be seen).

Originally posted by dave1992 View Post

If you can reproduce your problem, one thing that might be interesting is - in a command line window (run>cmd) do a netstat -a and see which IQ server you're connected to. It'll be something like

ecluster0.interquote.com

then after the hang, check again, and if it's changed (to something like ecluster1.interquote.com)

If it has, then you have the same issue as me, however I'm not sure you do, since you say IQFeed is still streaming. I only have IQFeed into my NT, so if that hangs I don't see IQ streaming to anywhere. For what it's worth, there is no data coming from the IQ server.
      Attached Files

Comment

As long as you see the cluster0 part (we know the full name contains interquote.com)

I think the IP and port in the window are a master connection. Not the same as the cluster one (it's also a different port in your example. Mine is IP 66.112.156.112 port 6002.

My netstat gives

TCP 66.112.156.112:60002 ESTABLISHED
        TCP cluster2.interquote.com:60018

As I said, that server changes when it hangs. Maybe it changes at other times? I just think it'd be an area to look into - maybe look at the technical details of the NT7 fix and work out whether it could be applicable here.

Comment

I only have the "regular" Windows firewall up, no hardware firewall. Also, my machine is hooked up by a cable -> no WAN whatsoever.

Comment

IQFeed and Ninja Trade 6.5 Freeze

Hi, I just downloaded Ninja Trader 6.5. I want to use it for end of the day chart analysis. I use IQFeed as my data provider. I've had no problems using IQFeed with other applications except for Ninja Trader.

I have no problems connecting to IQFeed. It makes a pretty sound and shows that I'm connected but when I try to create a chart, I get hard freezes like the other users have been describing and I have to kill the program and restart it.

What I've noticed is that if I attempt to create a chart with a stock symbol already in the NT database (i.e - F or AAPL), the chart is created quickly without any freezing. However, when I try to create a chart of a symbol not in your pre-populated database (i.e. - FSLR), I get a really bad freeze. I'm assuming the program tries to look for this symbol, it can't find it, and then generates a hidden error causing a bad freeze.

You can see the list of symbols in the Format Data Series box when you push the square button next to exchange.

I'm assuming if I download a database of symbols, this should fix the problem but how do I do that with DTN's IQFeed?

It seems that your database is limited to a certain number of symbols and there is no logic to tell IQFeed to download historical data for non-existing symbols. If the symbol exists in the database, it does download minor updates from IQFeed through my firewall without any problems.

Comment

mttxn12, welcome to our forums! Which IQ feed client version are you using with the latest NinjaTrader release? http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_IQFeed.htm

FSLR should be presetup in the NinjaTrader database already - do you see any errors in the log tab in the Control Center when the 'freeze' occurs then?
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IQFeed freeze and Ninja Trader

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                mttxn12, welcome to our forums! Which IQ feed client version are you using with the latest NinjaTrader release? http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_IQFeed.htm
                I am using IQFeed release 4.6.0.7.

FSLR should be presetup in the NinjaTrader database already - do you see any errors in the log tab in the Control Center when the 'freeze' occurs then?
                When I search for the symbol in the Format Data Series box (Type - stock, clicks on the button next to exchange drop down box), it fails to show up in the list. I'm using the latest version of Ninja Trader 6.5.1000.12.

In the log, it doesn't say anything about the freeze. It just mentions stuff about the NT license and a port being enabled for automated trading.

I can't access the log during the freeze. It's pretty severe and requires that I kill the Window's session.

In the Format Data Series, I do the following before the freeze:

Type: Stock
                Name: FSLR (or a symbol not in the original database)
                Exchange: Default
                Interval Series 1 Day bars
                Days back 365 (default)

You need to do this on a symbol that is not present in your database. If you've imported symbols through other means in the past, the freeze won't occur. Try to replicate the problem with a new install. It seems the default database has only S&P500 symbols.

The only way I was able to resolve this issue was create an account connection with Yahoo. I followed these instructions.

Connecting with Yahoo doesn't give me any problems. It's able to pull historical data but the database is left incomplete. Again, there seems to be a limited number of instruments in the database and we need some way to import instruments. Is there a way to resolve this IQFeed issue?
                Last edited by mttxn12; 09-09-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

First of all thanks for the reply - please use the recommended IQ feed client software version from our connection guide page - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_IQFeed.htm

Next, please go to Tools > Options > Misc and Reset your Instruments, then restart NinjaTrader.

After this step, go to Tools > Instrument Manager, select type 'Stock' and click on 'Search', then scroll down to see if FSLR is listed as expected.

Then attempt to recreate the chart, I just checked mine, I could load a FSLR one minute chart going back 15 days in about 5 seconds.
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by dave1992 View Post

ecluster0.interquote.com

Zone Alarm might be the problem. I had the same frustrating issue. Charts would not load with NT connected to IQFeed. They would just hang in the "loading data..." phase. It all went away after I uninstalled Zone Alarm. Hope this helps.

Comment

follow up

I just wanted to follow up on my original post made several months ago. I decided to wait patiently for the next upgrade. I upgraded to the latest version of NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.15 from 6.5.1000.12. NinjaTrader no longer hangs and freezes when I try to create charts. It connects fine and I'm able to download historical charts and intraday data through IQFeed version 4.7.0.9. If you had similar problems like me, I do recommend upgrading to the latest version.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                      Started by jordanq2, Today, 03:10 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post jordanq2