No Results when backtesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Results when backtesting

I am a newer user, so this is probably a simple oversight on my part. When I backtest any strategy (just using defaults for now) I get no results. And the start date and end date in the results always say 4/13/2006, no matter what dates I actually enter into the strategy. Any ideas?

Originally posted by jh1962 View Post
    I am a newer user, so this is probably a simple oversight on my part. When I backtest any strategy (just using defaults for now) I get no results. And the start date and end date in the results always say 4/13/2006, no matter what dates I actually enter into the strategy. Any ideas?
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Please make sure that you have historical data for the instrument and time period you are backtesting.

2.) Please review the backtesting section of the Help Guide:

3.) If you are still unable to receive data, please let me know who you are connected to, the instrument, and the time and type of data (minute, day, tick, etc.)
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi RJ,

Thanks for the response. I am connected through Vision Financial Markets. The instrument is the ESU9. I have data on the chart going back to June 12, and the backtest period I am attempting to test begins June 18. But no results in the backtest. And still a begin and end date both, of 4/13/2006, is listed on the results.

Jamie

Comment

Originally posted by jh1962 View Post
        Hi RJ,

Thanks for the response. I am connected through Vision Financial Markets. The instrument is the ESU9. I have data on the chart going back to June 12, and the backtest period I am attempting to test begins June 18. But no results in the backtest. And still a begin and end date both, of 4/13/2006, is listed on the results.

Jamie
        Hi Jamie,

Can you test with the default SampleMACrossover Strategy? If you get results with this, than likely your custom strategy conditions are not being met to enter a trade. Also check the log tab in the Control Center for any errors.
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes