Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

closing part of a position

Hi
    If I enter a 3 lot position on the chart trader with an ATM template I have 3 profit targets displayed. If I want to manually close ONE lot before a profit target is met - how do I do that? I have tried setting quantity to 1 and using close but it seems to close the whole postion?

thanks

Originally posted by lindsayf View Post
    Hi
    If I enter a 3 lot position on the chart trader with an ATM template I have 3 profit targets displayed. If I want to manually close ONE lot before a profit target is met - how do I do that? I have tried setting quantity to 1 and using close but it seems to close the whole postion?

thanks
    Hello lindsayf,

Thank you for your post.

This is expected as the CLOSE button will cancel any pending orders and close any open orders for the instrument/account combination.

See the "scaling in or out of an active strategy" section of this help page and let me know if you have any questions: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ingOrders.html
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks
      can you tell me if this is right?
      I set 'scale quantity' in chart properties to '1'. Then while the (say 3 lot short) trade is running ..if I want to close one lot out manually I would hit 'buy market' once. This would close one lot and leave 2 in the trade.

If 'scale quanity' is zero...hitting buy will open a separate trade?

Comment

simulated order problem

Hi
        I am attempting to work out how to use SO's. Do they function on market replay? If so...I seem to have a situation where the pending buy stop limit order is invisible(ie not showing on the charts..and I want to use it from the chart, not the DOM)..I know I place it and I know it activates..but I cant see it. 'simulated order' is selected. This invisibilty happens regardless of SO being selected and only for pending buy(or sell) stop limit orders?

Is it correct for instance to place a buy stop limit with the negative offset amount selcted..at a point above the desired entry price...having previously selected 'simulated order'. Do I need to select 'stop limit offset' in chart trader properties'?

thankyou
        Last edited by lindsayf; 08-09-2009, 12:53 AM.

Comment

"I set 'scale quantity' in chart properties to '1'. Then while the (say 3 lot short) trade is running ..if I want to close one lot out manually I would hit 'buy market' once. This would close one lot and leave 2 in the trade."
          -This is correct.

"If 'scale quanity' is zero...hitting buy will open a separate trade?"
          -This depends on your ATM Strategy selection mode if using an ATM Strategy. By default, it will add the number of contracts under "Qty" to your open position.
          More information on ATM Strategy Selection Mode here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ategyMode.html
          Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes