Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

re: problems sending email to support through the NT software..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: problems sending email to support through the NT software..

I've been trying to send an email with my 'trace' files, because that's what an alert message said to do, but when I try to do so from Ninja Trader Help--> Mail to Support and press Send, it says "Sending mail..." but then gives me an error message: "Failed to send mail. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 81.169.163.72:25"... I'm not sure what's going on? I know that my internet connection is functioning because I'm using it right now... Has anyone else had problems with sending mail to Ninja Trader support from within the Ninja Trader software?

Someone suggested chaning the SMTP outgoing mail server to my ISP's mail server(?) I don't know how to fill in that field- if my ISP is RCN cable, do I just put www.rcn.com in the Ninja Trader field that says (SMTP) Server? Right now (in Tools > Options > Misc.), the Server field is empty and the Port field is 25, I'm not sure how to properly adjust? It says that to leave this field blank for default- but why isn't the default working? are there some other parameters that need to be changed? Any suggestions?

Hello sev888,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately there are other programs that block the default servers used by NinjaTrader. Since this can be any number of programs, we do not troubleshoot this.

As far as your ISP's server, you will have to contact them for the correct server/host number.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm having the same problem and getting the same answers with NT. I loaded 7.0 as that was supposed to solve the problem, did you find a solution??

Comment

Hi tonyr,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

Keep in mind that not every email provider will use the default settings found in the Options menu's Misc tab. To determine which settings your provider is using, you will need to contact them directly.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How does the email system function. Does it send the message from your email server? If so it should recognize the message and send it where ever. If it uses the default email program on the computer shouldn't that pop up. I guess I don't realize how the email is trying to be generated. I disconnected the router I was using and turned off firewall and the default email will function so I'm stumped on this

Comment

Hi tonyr,

That the mail features will function with your router disconnected and with your firewall disabled indicates that one of these items is blocking the SMTP function.

You will likely need to configure exceptions for your provider within the firewall.

Comment

No I meant the regular email will send but not from NT. Meaning with or without the router I can send emails via say Thunderbird or Outlook or even Gmail or Ymail directly. NT's email won't send out with any configuration

Comment

Hi tonyr,

Thanks for the clarification - this again indicates that the issue lies in the settings you are using.

Unfortunately, I have no additional recommendations beyond double checking with your email provider to determine that the SMTP settings you are using are correct.

Comment

I just wanted to know if ANYBODY has gotten email alerts to work through a firewall/router? I've tried every port forwarding trick there is and I can't get it to go through. It works when directly connected only. Has even the Ninja trader staff tested to see if it works through port forwarding?

If you did get it to work what steps did you take? Thanks in advance. This is really bugging me.

Comment

Funny, I got it to work right after I wrote this post. It didn't like the port I was using. Here are the settings I used to get it to work:

Tools -> Options -> Ati -> STMP SERVER CHECKED

Under mail settings:

smtp.gmail.com
                    port 587
                    SSL enabled

username: [email protected]
                    password: xxxxx

Next you have to login to your router if you have one... for me I have to go to the web address: 192.168.1.1 then enter my login for the router which is ADMIN/PASSWORD by default (netgear)

Then you have to go to the port forwarding section and make sure you add port 587 TCP/UDP and direct it to your computers IP address (you can type in cmd in the run box, then once you have the prompt type in IPCONFIG to get your IPV4 address)

After that it should work fine. Try turning off windows firewalls if it still doesn't.

Originally posted by aleehatami View Post
                    I just wanted to know if ANYBODY has gotten email alerts to work through a firewall/router? I've tried every port forwarding trick there is and I can't get it to go through. It works when directly connected only. Has even the Ninja trader staff tested to see if it works through port forwarding?

If you did get it to work what steps did you take? Thanks in advance. This is really bugging me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DJ888
                    by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                    0 responses
                    1 view