Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper way to close an ATM Strategy launched by a Strategy

Hi Ninja gurus...

What's the proper way to close a running ATM strategy that was launched by a Strategy? For example your strat went long, fired an ATM strat, and the ATM strat is long when you realize you want to flatten. It seems if I close it in the DOM, it gets closed but the strategy stops running, while if I stop the ATM strategy in the strategy tab, it closes the position, says the main strategy is running... when in fact it is not.

I'm a bit thick and the User Guide wasn't very clear to me on the best way to do this .

Suggestions?

I'm also keen to code the "I was wrong. Flatten!" decision using code similar to the "You can change the Stop" section of your sampleATMstrategy to instead buy/sell market based on a condition or two going against my trade instead of waiting for the inevitable stop loss... so if you can point me in the right direction to achieve that it would be great.

BTW your product rocks.

MXASJ,

To close an ATM strategy you would need to use AtmStrategyClose() in your code somewhere.

Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Josh. That indeed points me in the right direction for the second question! Thanks!

For the first question I've just tried moving my stops in the DOM (mouse in the center column) and that appears to allow me to exit a position (when hit using the tighter, manually-moved stop) without ending the strat, making my P&L go out of sync, or making my strat position go out of sync.

Is that a fair statement and a "safe" way to get of of an ATM strat initiated by a strategy?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

You should be fine with that operation.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post arvidvanstaey