Symbol limit in Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbol limit in Market Analyzer

I want to use the Market Analyzer to monitor about 2000 symbols on an End of Day (EOD) basis (using either an EOD-only data feed or using only a daily time frame with Interactive Broker's data feed). Is there a practical limit to the number of symbols that can be used within the Market Analyzer (i.e., if I enter 2000 symbols using a daily timeframe, will I crash or bog down NT)?

thanks,
    Ben

imported post

There surely is a limit. Unfortunately we haven't it driven it to a point where we could make recommendation. You would need to try by yourself. Note: # of lookback bars will play a significant role, keep them as low as possible.

Would be great if you could let us know.

Comment

imported post

Here is a problem: You will hit the wall, as you are connected to IB, since IB only supports max 100 instrument subscribed or so.

There is no way ot tell the market analyzer, that it should not subscribe to all instruments on it when you are connected.

Comment

imported post

I would be happy to run the test; however, I do not have an IB account with which to do the test.

Other than IB, I do not know of any RELIABLE data feedthat supports more than 500 symbols at one time (e.g., the eSignal EOD product only does 500 symbols). I'm not impressed with the yahoo or Opentick data because I've seen too many bad ticks and yahoo does not seem to provide split or dividend adjusted data - I have to adjust EACH of their symbols for splits and dividends. Does anyone know of any EOD data feeds that will support more than 500 symbols at a time and that works with ninja trader?

thanks,
        Ben

Comment

Updates to Market Analyzer Limits

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any updates for this since this thread is a few years old.

I tested Market Analyzer in NinjaTrader 7 64 bit with just Instrument, TimeLastTick and LastPrice columns.

I've observed about just under 1000 are updated as a limit.

System resources below 50% usage so no bottleneck there (CPU, disk, network, memory. New computer )

Data provider IQFeed.

Any further updates or confirmation of this approx limit would be great please.

Thanks,
          Joe

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

IQ feed also has limits to how much active data connections you can have, please check with your provider as you may be on a 100 symbol limit plan which would explain it.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks Brett, yes my IQ Feed has the limit. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Delerium  
              Started by FAQtrader, Today, 03:35 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post FAQtrader