Version 6 does not execute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 6 does not execute

A fresh download of version 6.0.1000.11 from NT web site to a clean (no other versions of NT) machine, installs without error, will not execute.

All the necessary pieces seem to be in the required places.

Double clicking the desk top icon gets an hourglass for 2-3 seconds and nothing else..... no control center window, no logs, and no traces.

Any thoughts on why?

Any ideas on how I may track down what is failing?

Hello ts_gordo,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
    • Close all running applications.
    • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
    • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
    • Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 6.5" located under Start --> My Documents.
    • Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
    • Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
    • Reboot your machine.
    • Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...rent_users.htm

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Now I'm really confused....

I don't have any 6.5......

I am trying to install 6.0!

Please read original post.

Comment

Hello ts_gordo,

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
        • Close all running applications.
        • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
        • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.0 and click Remove.
        • Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 6.0" located under Start --> My Documents.
        • Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
        • Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
        • Reboot your machine.
          Once these steps are completed, download NT6.0 from the link below:
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/download_download.htm
        Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 08-13-2009, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Newbe still confused.

I am pretty new at this, so please stay with me... (and be gentle :-)

In addition to the below post I also received an email with different instructions.

That email also said "Unfortunately we do not have 6.0.1000.11 available for download."
          I don't understand. Is that not version listed on the download page?
          (I don't really have a specific version preference, any version of 6.0 will do)

Which set of instructions should I follow -- the ones here in the forum?
          the ones in the email? both? Is there a preferred order?

As I said I am pretty new to this, not at all sure about just what to do next?

(I have attached the email for reference.)
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello ts_gordo,

Yes, 6.0.1000.11 is available from our download page. I suggest completely uninstalling NinjaTrader 6.0.1000.11 and reinstalling the current release of NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.12.

Please use the steps I had provided in post #4 and when you get to the last step please install 6.5.1000.12 as apposed to 6.0.1000.11.

Please let me know if you are able to open NinjaTrader after the new install.

Comment

What am I missing, please?

I have no trouble with version 6.5.1000.12 -- it works fine!

It is version 6.0.1000.11 that I can't get to work.

Since my last post, I have performed the steps in post #4, carefully and diligently.

Still does not work.

Comment

Do you currently have both platforms installed on the same PC?

Comment

No I do not.

As I stated in my original post: "to a clean (no other versions of NT) machine"

Comment

Hi ts_gordo,

On this PC which platform do you want to have access to NinjaTrader 6.0.1000.11 or the newest release NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.12?

Please send me your repsonse to support at sign ninjatrader dot com and please put Attn: Chris, Thread: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=19558 in the subject so I may further assist.
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 08-13-2009, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I am trying to make version 6.0.1000.11 work.

I don't mean to sound rude, but has that not been apparent?

Are we going to take some steps to get 6.0.1000.11 working, or are you going to just keep dancing me around the question?

again, I don't mean to be rude, but this is like the 10th post, and frankly we are nowhere!

Comment

Hi ts_gordo,

Can you tell me what version of .NET Framework you currenly have installed on your PC by going to Start Menu-->Control Panel-->for XP Add/Remove Programs and for Vista Programs and Features.

If you have anything other than .NET Framework 2.0 listed within this window i.e. .NET Framework 3.5 please uninstall and attempt to open NinjaTrader 6.0.1000.11.

Comment

sorry for the delay, I got preempted to another project for a few days....
                          I did have a mess of post 2.0 .nets hanging around.

To get it cleaned up I ended up with: .net framework 1.1 plus Hot fix KB928366
                          and base .net 2.0 (no Sps)

NT6.0 started and appeared to run completely in this environment.

I moved to 2.0 SP1 -- NT6.0 continued to function fine.

I moved to 2.0 SP2 -- the original symptom -- NT6.0 does not start reappeared!

I returned to 2.0SP1 -- NT6.0 again functioned as expected.

So, that seems to be the higher we can go and keep version 6 viable.

This works for my purposes, so I will say thank you for the help and consider the matter closed.

Thanks again,

Gordo

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post rdtdale
                          by rdtdale

Started by TradeSaber, Today, 07:18 AM