Wont connect after I get filled in premarket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wont connect after I get filled in premarket

Why wont NT connect after there has been activity in my IB account pre market? I put on an order in IB from home and got filled and then later on when I want to connect to NT it wont connect?
    This doesn't happen occasionally it happens every time I have a position before I connect to NT. So temperamental sometimes.

Hello pistolpete,

Do you receive an error message when you are unable to connect?

Do you attempt to connect at a different location other than home? If so, are you still connected to IB at home?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No I don't get an error message. No I am not still connected to IB at home. It says that I am connected but the box in the lower left is not lit up green.

Comment

Do you receive data when it states 'Connected' in grey?

I suggest to recreate your IB connection as per the instructions at the link below.

Comment

No I don't receive data. So you're saying I have to re do the connection every time I have a trade on before my NT connects. Can you please forward this problem onto your developers. This seems unnecessarily inefficient.

Comment

No, I do not mean you will need to recreate the connection each time. Please recreate the connection once and check if this will solve the issue.

Make sure you update TWS to version 895 and have NinjaTrader version 6.5.1000.12 installed.

Comment

Ya it solves the issue for the one time but If tomorrow I make a trade from home then try to connect my NT an hour later I will have to re create the connection again. I have all of the required versions.

Comment

Please recreate the IB connection and let me know if the issue persists tomorrow by sending me your log and trace files. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20090813 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20090813 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please reference this forum thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post drewski1980  
                Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes