Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to shift timemarker to front instead of back + 2 other questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to shift timemarker to front instead of back + 2 other questions.

Bars likes 12:00-13:00 shows as 13:00 not 12:00 Can I change this to 12:00.

Question 2: Is it possible to have continuous charts? I have Zen-fire now. Or do I first select a provider who provides continuous charts?

Question 3: How do I put drawn lines behind indicators and/or price?

Question 4: How do I expand the vertical axis? I am trying to expand it intuitivly like horizontally is easily, but vertically it blocks when I want to expand. Contracting both horizontal and vertical is no problem though

i.e. I have white space horizontally but not vertically
    Last edited by noober; 08-13-2009, 02:06 PM.

Hello noober,

Thank you for your post.

1. Unfortunately it is not possible to change how the bars are time stamped at this time within NinjaTrader.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over how bars are built.

2. Yes, if a data provider offers continuous contracts you may view them within NinjaTrader.

Unfortuantely Zen-Fire does not offer a continuous contract at this time. You may use the Merge feature within NinjaTrader to create your own continuous contract.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the Merge feature.

3. There is not an option to move drawing objects behind indicators at this time within NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello noober,

Thank you for your post.

1. Unfortunately it is not possible to change how the bars are time stamped at this time within NinjaTrader.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over how bars are built.

2. Yes, if a data provider offers continuous contracts you may view them within NinjaTrader.

Unfortuantely Zen-Fire does not offer a continuous contract at this time. You may use the Merge feature within NinjaTrader to create your own continuous contract.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the Merge feature.

3. There is not an option to move drawing objects behind indicators at this time within NinjaTrader.

Thanks alot christopher for the timely reply I forgot to mention I added one more question I forgot to include previously, could you help me out with that one too, it would be appreciated alot

Comment

Hi noober,

To compress and expand the prices on the Y-Axis please follow the steps below.
        • Move your mouse to the Y-Axis
        • Hold down the left mouse button
        • While holding down the left mouse button move the mouse down to compress the pricing
        • While holding down the left mouse button move the mouse up to expand the pricing

Presently NinjaTrader will not allow you to expand outside the visible bars on your chart due to scaling. There will be enhancements made to scaling in NinjaTrader 7 which is planned for BETA release at the end of September.

I have provided a link below to the public announcement of NinjaTrader 7 which includes a section that goes over new features and improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
          Hi noober,

To compress and expand the prices on the Y-Axis please follow the steps below.
          • Move your mouse to the Y-Axis
          • Hold down the left mouse button
          • While holding down the left mouse button move the mouse down to compress the pricing
          • While holding down the left mouse button move the mouse up to expand the pricing
          Presently NinjaTrader will not allow you to expand outside the visible bars on your chart due to scaling. There will be enhancements made to scaling in NinjaTrader 7 which is planned for BETA release at the end of September.

I have provided a link below to the public announcement of NinjaTrader 7 which includes a section that goes over new features and improvements.

Ahh was hoping I was able to. Now for example the ES the axis goes from 1000 to 1000.50 to 1001, not 1000 to 1000.25 to 1000.50 etc.

longer bars would give easier viewing of small bars that are only a few ticks wide.

if I have one bar thats huge and one bar thats small I cant expand the vertical axis so that the small bar gets bigger, because then the large bar goes off-screen which is what you say isn't possible?

So basically the auto-scale of price within the chart is not possible to adjust to a static price scale?

Comment

That is correct you would not be able to expand the Y-Axis beyond the largest bar being displayed within your chart window.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes