IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB

Having trouble connecting to IB. 9 times out of 10, get an error message when trying to connect. Ninja Trader forced to close ....no data to read...etc........as far as I can tell, all API settings are normal....any ideas?.....thanks

Hello tnttrader,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please inform me of what version of NinjaTrader you presently have installed by going to the Control Center-->Help-->About

Also please let me know what version of TWS you have installed at this time.

I look forward to assisting you further.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick response....NT 6.5.1000.8
      TWS 4.0 Build 897.6 (Aug 4th)
      stand alone version

message....Login Failed...TWS closed socket (no more data to read)

Comment

Hi tnttrader.

Please upgrade to NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.12 at the link I have provided below.

NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.12 must use IB Standalone TWS 895. Please uninstall your current verison 897.6 and install 895 from the link I have provided below.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.

Comment

Thanks....so far..so good....seems to be working now.....

Comment

Upgraded to versions as per your suggestion....connected fine once...now back to the same....'no data to read'.....now what?....thanks

Comment

Hello tnttrader,

Please send me an email to support at sign ninjatrader dot com Attn: Chris in the subject line so I may assist further.

Comment

Hello, I'm having the same problem now all of a sudden. Please advise.

Comment

Hello TraderEyal,

Thank you for your post.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                  1.) A link to this forum thread.
                  2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

I look forward to assisting you further with this issue.

Comment

OK.

Was this issue resolved for tnttrader? If so, how?

Comment

Yes, I am sure we resolved the issue but unfortunately I do not recall the exact error the user was receiving within the trace file.

Once I take a look at your log and trace file we will be able to narrow down what is occuring and how to resolve the issue.

Comment

Right.

Maybe it'll be beneficial if threads like this were updated with the resolution. Might save some time for other users facing similar problems such as this.

I'll send logs when I get a moment.

Comment

Just sent the log and trace. Looking forward to being able to connect to TWS again. Please update me on the findings in this thread.

Maybe also worth checking the mailbox for this original case which was reported on 08-17-2009.

Comment

Originally posted by TraderEyal View Post
                            Just sent the log and trace. Looking forward to being able to connect to TWS again. Please update me on the findings in this thread.

Maybe also worth checking the mailbox for this original case which was reported on 08-17-2009.

After reviewing your trace file I see the following errors:

1st Error:

2010-02-25 08:54:57:273 ********* exception trapped *********
                            2010-02-25 08:54:57:273 Cannot access a disposed object.
                            Object name: 'ChartCanvas'.
                            2010-02-25 08:54:57:273 at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()

This error above indicates a corrupt .NET Framework. Please follow the instructions below to re-install the Microsoft .NET Framework on your PC.
                            • Terminate any applications running on your PC
                            • Go to the Windows Control Panel
                            • "Add/Remove programs" for XP users or "Uninstall a program" for Vista users
                            • Locate and uninstall the .NET Framework
                            • If your highest version is 4.0 or greater than do not continue with these instructions and let us know and we will follow up with further instructions
                            • If your highest version is 3.5 then proceed and uninstall this version and skip the next line
                            • If your highest version is 2.0 then proceed and uninstall this version
                            • Install version 3.5 of the .NET Framework which contains the 2.0 version which is required by NinjaTrader 6.5 (Download from here)
                            • After the install please check for updates to the .Net Framework with the Windows Update function
                            • Note: Do not reboot your PC in between these steps as this can potentially create more issues that we are unfortunately not qualified to assist with.

2nd Error:

2010-02-25 09:05:58:601 ERROR: Unable connect as the client id is already in use. Retry with a unique client id. 326
                            2010-02-25 09:05:58:931 (IB LIVE!) Cbi.Connection.ProcessEventArgs.ConnectionStatusEv entArgs Disconnected Disconnected ServerConnectionIsBroken TWS closed socket (No more data to read)

Please confirm you have IB TWS 900 installed at this time. If you have a different version installed please uninstall your current version and install the required version at the link I have provided below.

Next please remove, repair and recreate your connection with the steps I have provided below.
                            • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
                            • Then go to the Tools menu--> select Options--> select the Misc tab--> click Repair DB
                            • Restart NinjaTrader
                            • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.
                            The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

Click here to take me to the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.

Comment

Hello Chris, there is no .NET showing in the Uninstall Programs list.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:57 AM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH