Disconnection and database corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disconnection and database corruption

Can you tell me why it is that if the broker d/c me for 2 seconds it creates huge database corruptions that cant be fixed.
    And results in me having to lose all my data from 2 months?
    I believe this to make NT unreliable for live trading this happens consistently over periods of time and seems like its done on purpose.
    I liked NT but this is unacceptable I have been using it for 2 years and every now and then who knows when it gets d/c and data is missing then when you restart huge parts of data is missing.Repairing database doesn't fix it.
    It seems to always do this in the US session when there is significant moves in the markets.
    Im done with NT until you stop this from happening.
    Bye.

Hi Mike32,

Thank you for your post.

Disconnections should not be resulting in database corruption.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Kyle" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=19615

2.) Your log and trace files from the last date this occurred.
    You will find your log file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt
    You will find your trace file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

3.) If you are receiving any error messages in pop-up windows, please let me know what the message reports.

4.) Lastly, let me know what data provider you are using.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Im sorry there is no log files because, of course I have had to completely uninstall it and reinstall it if I wish to try and make even 1 trade today in that account.
      Its going to take time to transfer this account to my non NT broker.
      This has been happening for 2 years, it is no secret it happens with ZenFire I dont know about anything else.
      The log showed I was disconnected for 2 seconds, and there was a large move in the market in those 2 seconds, on the YM it was 27 points in 2 seconds which of course is complete nonsense.
      And then when I restarted NT to try and get rid of the lag that comes after these dissconections, there was data missing all over the place.
      Lookup my posts on this forum and you will see the answers I get which are limited to, rename database to .old, restart NT so it replaces database and lose all data and start again sorry nothing can be done about this.
      NT might be ok for newbies or people who use it now and then but for people who use it all the time they will come across this.
      And it renders it unreliable I have 4 internet connections here, it was D/C at the server end not on my end.
      So either the broker is doing this to me, which I have argued with them, and it seems they are not.
      Or it is just NT failing.
      Anyway I dont wish to discuss it for another 2 years, im moving on.
      Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes