Error initiating strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error initiating strategy

I created a stochastics entry strategy, backtested and optimized it and had it running for a while (connected) without problem with my SIM account. I closed the strategy and closed the position manually. I then tried to start the strategy with my live account and got a couple of error messages:
    Strategy "stochastics entry" submitted an order that generated the following error "Order Rejected" Strategy has sent cancel requests, attempted to close the position and terminated itself.

I exited, rebooted my machine, and tried again with the same result. What do I need to do?

Originally posted by POINTERDOG View Post
    I created a stochastics entry strategy, backtested and optimized it and had it running for a while (connected) without problem with my SIM account. I closed the strategy and closed the position manually. I then tried to start the strategy with my live account and got a couple of error messages:
    Strategy "stochastics entry" submitted an order that generated the following error "Order Rejected" Strategy has sent cancel requests, attempted to close the position and terminated itself.

I exited, rebooted my machine, and tried again with the same result. What do I need to do?
    Try setting "wait until flat before executing live" in ninjascript strategy options

Comment

Thanks, I will try it.

In the meantime, I tried to manually enter a buy order and got a different error message:
      Could not connect to given connection Affected Order: Buy 1 Limit @ 1.42

I was trying tpo buy one contract for 6E 09-09. Although there is very little activity, I see some orders going through. What is this about?
      Thanks

Comment

I set the strategy option as you suggested and it appears the strategy is running. Thanks. Sorry for 1000 questions, but is the failure of the order entry because the markets are closed? I don't get it. I am new at this futures thing but have been doing equities and equity options for about 30 years. It is not quite the same.
        thanks

Comment

I am getting the same error. Any ideas? See attached image.

Comment

Hello nourozi,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support. Put 'Att Jason, 1056050' in the subject header and enable 'Log and trace files'.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post kujista
            by kujista

Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
            0 responses