Where is historical data stored in NT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is historical data stored in NT?

Where is historical data stored in NT? My provider (TDA) does not provide historical tick data, but I can build charts < 1 minute and then I guess NT makes a history of them.

Anyway, my computer crashed and now I get an error on some charts (30 second time frame).

I was just wondering if I should back up the data? In which folder is this data stored?

Also how come some charts do not error out? They are also 30-second charts.

"8/18/2009 12:38:06 PM|0|4|Error on loading chart data for 'FAS Default': Error on loading chart data for 'FAS Default': The provider could not determine the Object value. For example, the row was just created, the default for the Object column was not available, and the consumer had not yet set a new Object value."

from log.

How come some of my NT historical data is stored, but not others? Mind you, I can still call up a 30-second chart and it will start to plot the data, but there is no historical data. I would very much appreciate any help.

ok, so I found the NinjaTrader.mdb file. Would backing up the data have prevented all the data loss? Not sure I understand why some of my 30-second charts rebuilded or recharted after my PC crashed while some charts lost all historical data?

Comment

Hello trader_rick1234,

Thank you for your post.

Data is stored within the NinjaTrader.mbd file.

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
      • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
      • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
      • Select the "Misc" tab
      • Press the "Repair DB" button
      • Press the "OK" button

Unfortunate a Second chart is built using Tick data and TD Ameritrade does not provide historical Tick data.

I have provided a link below to the data providers supported by NinjaTrader. This page will go over the types of data they offer as well as the instruments they support.

I have also provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over how chart bars are built within NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes