Australian stocks list for Yahoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Esignal Mapping Problem

Hi I’m wondering if anybody can help I’m trying to import a list of ASX stocks into Ninja Trader. My data provider is Esignal.

I need to change the mapping for all stocks rather than individually which would take forever. It looks like someone has done it here with yahoo data but the mapping for esignal is: -ASX which the import stock symbol list utility does not want to accept.

Is there any way to get around this, that is change the mapping for a whole group of stocks –ASX?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Unfortunately, this is not supported. As you mention, you cannot use "-" when importing a stock symbol list. However such a symbol is required as per the eSignal symbol mapping.

You would need to adjust the symbol mapping individually after you imported the stock symbol list or you need to create instruments one by one in the Instrument Manager.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Is there any other data providers that are supported by Ninja Trader that would not require the symbol mapping for stocks on exchanges such as Australia, Europe ect.. to be changed individually?

That is a data provider that Ninja Trader allows for the mapping to either be changed by group or is already setup?

Comment

Unfortunately, NinjaTrader does not contain Australian or European stocks by default - they need to be added.

Data feed providers use different symbol mapping. Unfortunately, the symbol mapping used by eSignal is not supported when importing a stock symbol list.

Kinetick, Yahoo and Google use symbol mapping that is supported upon importing a stock symbol list. I believe other supported data feed providers use symbol mapping that is supported as well - as long as they do not use "-" in their symbol mapping.

Comment

Thanks Jason, But I'm preety sure Kinetic data does not offer asx stocks

Google and Yahoo data I would not trust

Is CQG data mapping suppoerted?

Comment

Yes, Kinetick does not support Australian stocks.

Unfortunately, CQG only supports futures and index data in NinjaTrader - no stock data.

Comment

Hi

We’re a proud NinjaTrader 3rd party add-on provider and have recently released a unique new product range, the ‘Easy Load’ equities installer for NinjaTrader, which addresses the exact questions raised in this topic (the NinjaTrader press release can be found at http://www.ninjatrader.com/downloads/NinjaTrader_GlobalTradingTools_PressRelease_August _29_2013.pdf )

Our ‘Easy Load’ installers automatically install within NinjaTrader the complete list of all configured stock exchange codes for various exchanges (including ASX) allowing for fast, seamless access to these instruments across multiple supported NinjaTrader datafeed providers.

For the Australian Securities Exchange (‘Easy Load’ ASX) installer, all stock codes are automatically imported, fully configured and mapped to work seamlessly with Interactive Brokers, eSignal, barchart and Yahoo free data (normally we include Kinetick free/real time data & DTN IQFeed too however at the time of writing this they do not have ASX data). If your current data provider is not listed above please send me a message and we can look to include it.

I realise this topic is quite old now, however just thought I’d mention it if anyone is now after an automated solution to the queries raised in this forum topic.
                http://www.GlobalTradingTools.com/software/easy-load-ninjatrader/
                Thanks for your time.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by GlobalTradingTools_Stuart; 09-19-2014, 02:09 AM. Reason: Added screen shots

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post xiinteractive