Conencting to tick data for stocks/options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conencting to tick data for stocks/options

I am using the GOMcd indicator and would like to try to track stocks or options with it just to experiment. I have td ameritrade but i don't think they have tick feed. I would need tick level feed to record the bid/ask transactions. Does wny know of a provider that I can get his info.

Hello timmyb,

Thank you for your post.

You would need a data provider that offers historical tick data and equities to handle what you require. Please review the offerings of our data providers, specifically eSignal, BarChart and IQFeed.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

what is historical minute data?? i see td offers that. Is that the cumulative of tick but in 1 min format

thanks

tim

Comment

Also as far as historical tick data I dont really understand what they mean. I use zenfire but it does not load historically. I have to record each transaction life to load it historically.

Comment

Hi timmyb,

Historical minute data is historical data but uses minute bars. Minute bars do not include tick data but only record the OHLC of specific time intervals. You can read more about the different types of bar intervals at the following link.

Historical tick data would be data provided by the data feed that records all ticks, whether you are connected to the feed or not. ZenFire does not natively support historical data, but NinjaTrader records the data for commonly traded instruments. When you set up an account connection to ZenFire you have the option to enable historical data.

However, for some instruments that are not commonly traded there may be no historical data if you use ZenFire. Otherwise you will record the tick data as it provided to NinjaTrader in real-time.

Comment

NT and Zen fire

Not sure is this is the right place for this question but I'll try it here: I use IB as my main broker. I use NT for trading platform (Futures). Can I use NT with Zen-Fire Data for charting. but send my orders to I.b using NT.

In other words NT and zen-fire data(mirus). And send my orders through NT to My broker I.B. Hoping someone can help.

Comment

Hello,

If you have a live single broker license, no, you cannot do this.

If you have a live multi broker license or a free license, you can only do this with a data feed only service and a broker connection.

You cannot do it with two broker connections as the first connection supports orders therefore it must take the orders in. Please review this link for more information:
              DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT/Zen- fire and Interactive brokers

Can you please clarify your response. Here is a link to the same question asked to Jason w/ "Ninja Trader" and a different answer. Who's right I'm a paying customer and Need the correct answer in orde to proceed.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
                Hello,

If you have a live single broker license, no, you cannot do this.

If you have a live multi broker license or a free license, you can only do this with a data feed only service and a broker connection.

You cannot do it with two broker connections as the first connection supports orders therefore it must take the orders in. Please review this link for more information:
                http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nections1.html

Comment

uptik, this would work the way you expect with a MultiBroker license of NinjaTrader, connect to ZenFire first and then to IB. For execution select then your IB account from the order entry dropdowns.
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

static super dome

I don't have the static super dome on my drop down menu, just the regular dome please advice how to get it.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                    uptik, this would work the way you
                    expect with a MultiBroker license of NinjaTrader, connect to ZenFire first and then to IB. For execution select then your IB account from the order entry dropdowns.

Comment

Hi,

Best is to send a note to support at ninjtrader dot com and ask refer to this post and me.

I will then follow up with you and tell you your options.

Vince
                      Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Avg. price on the dome

How do you show the avg. price on the dome once you've enter an position, I had it on my dome now is gone.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
                        Hi,

Best is to send a note to support at ninjtrader dot com and ask refer to this post and me.

I will then follow up with you and tell you your options.

Vince

Comment

Hi,

The average entry price is automatically displayed as a brown cell. If you right click in the SuperDOM-->Properties-->Entry Price Color you can change this color.

Also, you can change the display properties of entered orders in the same properties menu by changing the Show Realized PnL when flat to True. And, also the PnL display unit to Currency.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                          Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes