Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Accessing Strategy Analyzer Programmatically (For Loop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessing Strategy Analyzer Programmatically (For Loop)

Greetings!

I would like to access the Strategy Analyzer (SA) programmatically. By this I mean, I have ideas for the SA inputs that I would like to loop through and check. Specifically, I would like to increment through any given strategy results by time slice.

All I'm asking for is how to reference the SA in code so that I can loop through it and analyze the results.

Regards,

John

Hello,

This is beyond out level of support and I am unware of a way to do it.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
      Hello,

This is beyond out level of support and I am unware of a way to do it.
      Ben,

Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, I wasn't really asking for support on how to do it as I know how IF the API would allow for it.

So, what you are saying is that there is nothing in the API that would allow one to access the Strategy Analyzer? Bottom line, is the only way to access the Strategy Analyzer by the GUI?

Regards,

John

Comment

Hello,

I am sorry this is beyond our level of support and I do not know how to answer your questions. I won't say there isn't a way to do it because I don't know. I guess it could be possible with advanced programming, but I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
          Hello,

I am sorry this is beyond our level of support and I do not know how to answer your questions. I won't say there isn't a way to do it because I don't know. I guess it could be possible with advanced programming, but I have no idea.
          Ben,

No problem. I think I understand you. I believe we are having a slight mis-understanding regarding support. I assumed that simple questions regarding what a program can or can't do are more along the lines of reference questions, i.e. look here, or it is not possible.

My day job is Java programming (10 years). If the API allows for it I can do it. Where might I go to ask this question?

Regards,

John

Comment

Hello,

You are asking in the right place (or find an existing thread). Lets see if any follow traders wil chime in and help you.

Comment

There is no API for what you want to do.

I have implemented this, and I can programmatically call the StrategyAnalyzer for calculations. This implementation is just an offspin for another need.

You could use a simple macro generator like autohothey , but to do this from C# code you must use reflection and accessing undocumented fields of NinjaTrader all over the place. It is basically a reverse engineering task.

andreas

Comment

Originally posted by zweistein View Post
                There is no API for what you want to do.

I have implemented this, and I can programmatically call the StrategyAnalyzer for calculations. This implementation is just an offspin for another need.

You could use a simple macro generator like autohothey , but to do this from C# code you must use reflection and accessing undocumented fields of NinjaTrader all over the place. It is basically a reverse engineering task.

andreas
                Andreas,

Thank you for your reply. I'm fairly well experienced in Java and Python, but to be honest I have neither the time nor inclination to engage in a lengthy amount of reverse engineering. I've moved on to other aspects of coding with NinjaTrader.

Regards,

John

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                3 responses