Help with 'Reverse at Stop' feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with 'Reverse at Stop' feature

I have enabled 'Reverse at Stop'. If I go long 10 contracts and have the stop for 5 contracts remain static at the point of entry and have 5 contracts that have an autotrail that follows 10 ticks behind every 15 ticks of profit (I understand how to set this up with two Targets, and set the Autotrail feature on the Target 2 for 5 contracts). But as the autotrail stop follows the market, it can get caught in a 'Reverse at stop' loop where it keeps adding to my position size (because the autotrail stop wants to reverse the position (5 contracts) it's following, so the autotrail stop is actually 15s, if you understand what I'm saying). How can I set the Reverse at Stop feature so that it only reverses the full quantity (10 contracts) on the last (static) stop. So basically I want to scale out with half of the contracts, but want to have the full quantity of contracts reverse at the final (static) stop, not reverse also on the autotrailing stop.

Thanks for your time and assistance..

Hello,

This is not supported, sorry. Although you can scale out of an order, just not the way you want to do it exactly.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ben,

Essentially I want to have the Reverse at Stop enabled and have the full quantity to reverse at the outer most stop. I was under the impression this was possible, as per a response I received from one of your experts Bertrand(?), scroll down and see his response to my question #16 in this previous thread:

Who is right, you or him?
      thanks..

Comment

Hello,

You could place an independent order that would scale you out, but I will have Bert reply with his suggestion on Monday.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi sev888, not sure I follow - please check out the attached pic of a simple 2 target ATM, it reverses at the outer stop and target.
          Attached Files
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

I see your attached pic, but in it you simply have 2 different targets, but no Custom stop strategy on the second target. Imagine you change your targets to something larger, like 50 target for both, and on the second target quantity, you have a Custom trailing stop, so that it locks in profit on that half of the quantity. So basically I could scale out with a portion of the contracts, but still have the full quantity of contracts reverse only at the outermost stop, not reversing at the autotrailing stop.

Comment

sev888, for this you would need to work with the ATM / Strategies tab options to designate which brackets are modified - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tegiesTab.html

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

I appreciate your continued assistance. I read the link you supplied and then disabled both "Modify inner bracket" and "Modify nearest bracket" (in Tools --> Options --> Strategies), and then ran the ATM reverse strategy, but it didn't work- I am still getting the autotrailing stops trying to reverse (eventhough it is the inner/ nearest stop).

Please try this ATM strategy, and see that the problem continues, or suggest what needs to change. Create an ATM strategy that has "Reverse at Stop" activated, disable both "Modify inner bracket" and "Modify nearest bracket".

Order qty: 10
                Target 1: 5 contracts, stop loss: 5, profit target: 40
                Custom Stop strategy: Profit trigger: 5 Plus: 1

Target 2: 5 contracts, stop loss: 5, profit target: 80
                Custom Stop strategy: Profit trigger: 5 Plus: 1
                Autotrail: Step 1: Stop loss: 4 Frequency: 40 Profit Trigger: 7
                Autotrail: Step 2: Stop loss: 7 Frequency: 5 Profit Trigger: 12

You will see that the Reverse at Stop is attached to the climbing Autotrailing stop on the Target 2 set of 5 contracts. Whereas I'd like to scale out with those 5 contracts, but still have the full quantity of contracts reverse only at the outermost stop (which is the original entry plus 1), not reversing at the autotrailing stop.

Please advise... thank you..

Comment

sev888, thanks for posting the details of your setup, I'll test this and get back to you.

Comment

sev888, you're unfortunately correct - the reverse order would be set per target, as it just amends the order quantity as needed.

Comment

Alright... maybe you could suggest to the version 7.0 programmers, to give us the option to reverse only on the outermost stop... thanks..

Comment

Hello sev888,

Thank you for your reply.

I will forward this suggestion to my development team for further consideration.
                        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Javierw.ok  
                        Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes