Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems installing indicators

Hello,

I have downloaded and attempted to install Adaptive_CCI indicator.
    I'm getting an error stating that I have a nionja indicator on my computer containg programming error. Adaptive_CC in the only indicator I do have in my desktop. How do I find out which indicator is causing problems?

Regards,

Th

Hello,

Double click on the error code line at the bottom and it should pop up the file code that is erronious.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ben,

I don't get any error codes ... just a generic Import Ninjascript archived zip file warning stating that I have custom Ninjascript files on my computer that have programing error and need to be resolved before I import ninjascript archived file.

Please advise,

th

Comment

Hello tomek001,

Thank you for your reply.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
        • Open NinjaTrader
        • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
        • Select an indicator and double click on it.
        • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
        • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
        • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.
        Let me know if this does the trick for you.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle,

I followed your directions, found the indicator with a compile errors but when I attempted to delete it would not allow me. Apparently there are references in other places in code to this indicator and those need to be removed first.

Where do i go from here? how do I find those references?

th

Comment

tomek001,

Unfortunately you will just have to slowly go through your scripts till you find it. Most likely it would be referenced from a strategy somewhere.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh,

I tried to compile any other indicator and keep getting the same error on all of them
              "Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol " is defined in an assembly" Code CS0012.

Where do I go from here?

th

Comment

tomek001,

Have you installed some 3rd party indicator things? Likely one of your 3rd party scripts is using some references to other things. Unfortunately I would not know how to uninstall the 3rd party indicator and it would be best if you contacted whoever you got it from.

Alternatively, you could just uninstall and reinstall while removing the My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5 folder. This will get you a completely new NinjaScript assembly. I recommend this route because your assembly sounds very messy right now. Please remember to backup anything you want to preserve because this process will delete everything from workspaces to data to NinjaScript, etc.

Comment

I am having trouble with this. Even if I do an uninstall, delete my NinjaTrader 6.5 data folder, restart, reinstall Ninja, I still have something hanging around that prevents me from installing one of my own custom assemblies.
                  I get an error that "AtTheOpenDTW" (which I should have been able to remove via this process) has some indicators with the same name as what I am trying to import.

How can it still be there?

Clearly something stays around somewhere. Any ideas?

saltminer

Comment

saltminer,

To confirm, you have deleted the My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5 directory in full?

Is your zip a compiled assembly or just .cs source files?

Comment

Absolutely deleted it in full. I've tried this quite a few times.

The problem files are Vendor compiled files from a 3rd party, DayTradeToWin.com

salty

Comment

Salty,

I have been given the same half ass explanation, lol
                        Too bad I just got three month license.

Comment

salty,

Have you inquired with them exactly why their files do NOT work? You guys need to understand that System.Web.Services is NOT supported by NinjaTrader. Since NinjaScript is done in C# any one can use almost anything existing and there is no way we can support that. If a 3rd party vendor decides to use it then they should have instructions on what is needed to help you get that assembly installed on your system.

Comment

Josh,

I think I understand. However, it would make sense to put preasure on 3rd party vendors to provide full documnetation on installation as well as removal of their products and that should be enforced by Ninja. If I was able to download some indicator from Ninja forum I would expect it to pass some sort of screening process. It is your trading platform hence you should be responsible for maintaining the intergrity of it which includes ability for your customers to easily roll back anything that might have had affected the trading platform. After all when your customers get angry for ninjas inability to help with resolution of problems created by intalation of 3 party indicators, it is Ninja that will loose a customer.

th

Comment

tomek001 and saltminer,

A screening process has already been enacted for new 3rd party scripts moving forward. As far as anything shared on the forums, they are provided as is by the community to the community and we do not screen those.

If you guys are unable to get this 3rd party to work after contact with the vendor, please send in an email with Attn Josh in the subject and link to this thread. We can try a remote login session. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post trilliantrader  
                              Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes