Handling existing positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handling existing positions

I have a strategy that I have set to make order entries based in a combination of indicators. The strategy is set to enter an order for 1 contact per successful trigger with 2 entries per side specified when activating the strategy. This past week, the strategy made 2 short entries. The next possible triggers are 1) a profit target or 2) a long entry. The long entry would begin with closing out the short position. Sometime over the past few days, the computer rebooted and the computer memory for the positions has been lost in the control center, but both entries are visible on the chart and are confirmed with a broker statement.
    If I restart the strategy, could it attempt another short entry or will the strategy continue where I left it? If not, what can I do? I would want any strategy to eliminate my short positions before taking a long and I do not want any more short positions
    Thanks

Hello,

I suggest you submit orders manually until you are flat then re-attach the strategy so it starts over. However I do not know who your strategy works so I can't say for sure.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Waxavi
    by Waxavi

Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM