Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for this valuable information.

Comment

Thanks to both of you, Dierk and Zoltran. However, after doing some chart comparisons, I am more than a bit confused.

Currently, for testing, I have both eSignal datafeed and IB (for my trading account and the Workstation API), so I have two datafeeds that can run concurrently. However, since I am just paper trading with the NT SIM101 account, I only have eSignal running live. I shut it off before I start up the IB connection.

Based on what both of you have said, I too would expect my NT tick charts (specifically, the ER2 @ 233-tick) to be quite different between eSignal and IB. However, after displaying both, I find they are almost exactly the same, with only very minor differences. I don't understand. Am I screwing something up? How can I tell what datafeed provider NT is using to populate a given chart (just to make sure I am not doing something wrong)?

I also compared the volume charts from both, and as Zoltran predicted, they are the same.

Also, if I were to connect to my live IB account and datafeed, in addition to concurrently connecting to eSignal, will that confuse NT? Which datafeed will it use to populate its charts?

Sorry to pose so many questions here, but I love the NT charts and the ease of chart-based trading, so I want to make sure I have things set up correctly before going live.

Thanks,
      Bru

Comment

Sorry, I don't know how IB throttles their data feed. Just pull up e.g. a 13 ticks chart on IB and eSignal and I'll bet you will see a difference.

The difference might be that noticeable on other chart intervals.

Comment

Originally posted by brutiss View Post
          I don't understand. Am I screwing something up?
          Likely not, it really "is what it is". Whatever data you get no matter how different or how close is the data received from IB. IB historical data may be different than the data they provide in real-time...

How can I tell what datafeed provider NT is using to populate a given chart (just to make sure I am not doing something wrong)?
          NinjaTrader will use the first connection that supports the instrument you request for both real-time and historical data. Therefore, if you want to use eSignal for data, connect to it first, then to IB.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dierk, I just compared the 13-tick charts, and there are some differences. Good.

And thank you for the insight into how NT sets up datafeed priority.

Now I just have to decide whether I want to use tick-based charts enough to pay the extra money for an eSignal feed.

Thank you very much for your help.

Bru

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses