Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT compatible with Windows 7?

Hi,

Firstly, sorry if this has been asked and answered.

Is NT usable on Windows 7? I'm thinking of upgrading but want to make sure there are no known issues before I do.

Cheers,
    PKFFW

Hello PKFFW,

NinjaTrader 6.5 is supported on Windows XP, Vista and Server 2003 as per the link below.

Unfortunately NinjaTrader 6.5 has not been tested and does not officially support Windows 7. You can test at your own risk.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've been running it on Windows 7 under several builds (currently 7260) for several months now - no problems specific to Windows 7 yet, just a few issues that I also experienced in XP.

Comment

Thanks for the replies Jason and Ninto. I'll give it a try in demo for a while and see how it goes.

Cheers,
        PKFFW

Comment

I am also on Win7, but I've only had ninja installed for a week or so.

I haven' noticed any debilitating issues yet.

Comment

Help with Windows 7 Please

I just started using Win 7 on my new computer yesterday. I can't get it to download .net or NT? I know it says turn windows features on/off but doesn't tell what. Can someone please advise. I love NT, but frankly it so heavy on resources NT6.5 that I had to upgrade to quad core and now I can't get it going because of Windows 7. TIA

Comment

Originally posted by dandxg View Post
              I just started using Win 7 on my new computer yesterday. I can't get it to download .net or NT? I know it says turn windows features on/off but doesn't tell what. Can someone please advise. I love NT, but frankly it so heavy on resources NT6.5 that I had to upgrade to quad core and now I can't get it going because of Windows 7. TIA
              You won't need to download any .net patchwork.

First go to Programs(add remove programs), then go to 'Turn Windows features on or off'

Once you get in there, expand all the trees and take a screenshot to be sure you know what the original settings where. After you do that, try to make yours look exactly like mine. Restart PC and see if that works.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by forrestang View Post
                You won't need to download any .net patchwork.

First go to Programs(add remove programs), then go to 'Turn Windows features on or off'

Once you get in there, expand all the trees and take a screenshot to be sure you know what the original settings where. After you do that, try to make yours look exactly like mine. Restart PC and see if that works.
                Thanks will give that a try, much appreciated.

Comment

When I installed NT 6.5 on Win 7 I didn't have to do anything special - just download and install and it worked without changing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninto View Post
                    When I installed NT 6.5 on Win 7 I didn't have to do anything special - just download and install and it worked without changing anything.
                    Hmm I just tried downloading a demo and it wouldn't install before Forestang's suggestions will try again. I have had that happen with some programs I really like for ex. Tune Utilities and Advanced Windows Care. I get an error message and it won't finish install.

Comment

Thanks Forrestang one more question please

Thanks that seems to have worked. Should I now switch back to the original settings in Programs?

Comment

Originally posted by dandxg View Post
                        Thanks that seems to have worked. Should I now switch back to the original settings in Programs?
                        I would suggest you leave things the way they are. Unless you need some IP/Network adjustments made in the future and are messing around with your command prompt or something.

But if you just use the basic features of Windows like most people do, I should have everything checked that you need.

Comment

works without any problems.

Originally posted by PKFFW View Post
                          Hi,

Firstly, sorry if this has been asked and answered.

Is NT usable on Windows 7? I'm thinking of upgrading but want to make sure there are no known issues before I do.

Cheers,
                          PKFFW

Comment

I just started getting a weird error message. Is anyone else getting this on Windows 7. Unable to load chart data. Please retry and report this error to Ninja Trader customer support. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ? Hmm, never seen that one before with NT. The chart does load but doesn't back fill data as it should.

NT any thoughts or feedback on this one?

Comment

Hi dandxg,

Thank you for your reply.

In most cases, this indicates a corruption within the NinjaTrader database.
                              Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
                              • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
                              • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
                              • Select the "Misc" tab
                              • Press the "Repair DB" button
                              • Press the "OK" button
                              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes